- July 20, 2015
- by Kamil Rudnicki
- No comments
I will tell you a personal story about Warbench improving our remote work.
One of the developers at a Tech Saturdays meeting mentioned it as a great tool for distributed teams like ours (UK and Poland).
At first I was a little sceptical. I thought that we already had a good stack of software to work remotely. We used Hipchat, Skype, and Google Docs. What else could we need?
So, we gave Warbench a try… and magic started to happen. Even though we were talking on skype just like every other day, for the first time it felt like sitting by the same table. Our meeting collaboration was so smooth and quick. We were astonished!
So what is Warbench? It’s a virtual work desk (bench) in a browser. Every participant can see in the real time exactly the same files, images, texts, screenshots and even everybody’s mouse position. It’s a common space (like a meeting table) where everybody can quickly drop files for discussion, make notes and drawings.
It’ doesn’t sound like anything special but once we tried it, we don’t have a meeting without it.
This is a 2 minute recording of Warbench in action. The same call without the bench took 6 times longer (13 minutes)
This is how and why we use it:
- When we were discussing prototypes of our new user interface, we were able to draw and highlight things directly on the prototype which was super efficient and in real time! Showing is more efficient than explaining.
- We can create a separate meeting bench for every project stage, and whenever we get back to it everything (images, texts, drawings) was in the same place. This way we can pick up our discussion from where we have left it
- When we want to show examples of other websites we can make it’s screenshot and send it to the bench with one click. Discussion doesn’t slow down because we are waiting for the files others trying to show us.
- We stream live websites to the bench to discuss how they behave and get inspiration for our website.
- The feeling that we ‘work in the same room’, seeing the same bench and files is very refreshing, it gives strong good emotions that we are talking about the same thing, and we are on the same page
- We cut down our meeting time because there is no unnecessary delays, juggling of 5 separate applications, or misunderstandings.
Couple days ago we realized that Warbench could similarly improve our customer support. Instead of explaining what to do, we could quickly show it to customer during chat or call. Our help desk started using and initial feedback is great. We will use it a little longer before we report our findings in another blog post.
If you, just like us, don’t like wasting time, go to www.warbench.com and try it during your next call. You don’t even need any account.
Please tell us how it helped you save time.