Product Updates

Introducing Timecamp 3 Alpha

By December 27, 2017 18 Comments

Be on top of your work

• Manage your projects
  • Delegate tasks with due dates
  • Collaborate with your coworkers

Coming soon:

• Track billable and unbillable time
  • Track employees attendance
  • Track computer activities
  • Integrate with other tools
  • Check projects budgets
  • Generate reports

Try out Timecamp 3 alpha now →

* You have to create new account in Timecamp 3.

As a Timecamp 2 user you will always have three choices:

1. You can still use Timecamp 2.
  2. You will be able to migrate and use only Timecamp 3.
  3. You can use Timecamp 2 as your main time tracking app and use Timecamp 3 as tasks management software integrated with Timecamp 2.

And this is just the beginning. In beta, you can use Timecamp 3 Tasks for free without limits with any number of co-workers or projects.

Kamil Rudnicki

Author Kamil Rudnicki

Kamil is CEO and co-founder of TimeCamp. He helps customers succeed.

More posts by Kamil Rudnicki

Join the discussion 18 Comments

• Christoph says:

Oh well, I wish you guys would fix all the bugs and issues in Timecamp itself before introducing completely new features which are probably better implemented by other apps (such as Trello or asana).

• Dean says:

I completely agree

• Kamil Rudnicki says:

Christoph – could you share the list of bugs? Or if you already talk about them with our support , I will review them end let you know.

• Ray T says:

I’ll chime in – 2 of the most critical for me are

Calculations inaccurate – maybe this is timer vs manual entry. Eg if you use timer, end session & need to manually update start or finish – sometimes it just gets the time calculation completely wrong. Occasionally it takes re-entering an arbitrary end/start & then going back & entering your real desired start/end again! or even several goes or page refresh or combo of both to get it to recalc correctly – really really annoying & means you constantly have to watch/check.

Interaction between Mobile & Desktop Web very buggy – this “might” be Timezone related – does it have issues with non US TZ/s? Eg start a timer on mobile & later end on Web or vice versa – I just gave up doing it as most of the time it would get one or the other time completely wrong. If the code is checking TZ maybe it should look if the UTC +/- differential is the same regardless of actual stated TZ…

Regards
        RT

• Kamil Rudnicki says:

Hi Ray, I will make sure that those issues will be take care of. But probably I will need your help to really understand it and replicate it, I will contact you by e-mail.

• David says:

Christoph, when a company tries to add services to their customers, and the first reply is in respect to another service or issue it is probably not the best forum. I remember at a larger corporate meeting the vice president was speaking about goals for next year when a employee asked the VP how paychecks were going to work with the last Friday of that year falling into the next year. I have been with Timecamp since 2013, and any little hiccups have been quickly addressed. I am looking forward to trying the new Timecamp Task, and I will do my best to followup with my experiences on this blog. Happy New Year to everyone.
      P.S. Timecamp, I personally would remove both of our comments with Christoph approval as really neither apply.

• Lauris says:

Completely agree with this. During a year and so I have been re-iterating the same time logging issue several times, but still no solution…

• Carlos Marín says:

I believe it´s a wonderful tool, it has everything to manage time and projects, I have researched many different tools to implement in our company, and the most flexible, adaptable, complete tool, it has everything, other tools need integrations or miss a key feature, TIMECAMP has everything and is very user friendly.

• We have to create new Timecamp accounts to use this? Is it a feature of the existing Timecamp product or a totally new and separate product?

I assumed it needed a new account as when I tried logging in with my existing Timecamp credentials it said I didn’t exist. So I tried creating a second Timecamp account by signing in with Google but Google said it wasn’t a verified app yet and to not trust it.

• Kamil Rudnicki says:

Thanks. We will very soon fix the issue with Google. Meanwhile please create new account using your e-mail address.

• Frank says:

Would be great if this was integrated with TimeCamp itself using one account.

Will this be a seperate license in the futurue?

Also it needs apps on iOS and Android, and also not only due dates, but also due times.

• Kamil Rudnicki says:

About one account – we will take this into consideration.
      We don’t plan to have separate license – you will have everything in one.

Thanks for ideas improvement, I put this on our ideas list.

• Leonore says:

I would like to try this feature but I can’t log in via your link. I can log in fine on my normal account.

• Kamil Rudnicki says:

Thanks for comment. You have to create new account in TimeCamp Tasks. I just updated the blog post, because there was no information about it before.

• Petri says:

Could you clarify the following two points.

On one hand you say “Timecamp 3 is new version of Timecamp, which will replace current version in the future.” On the other hand you say:

“As a Timecamp 2 user you will always have three choices:

You can still use Timecamp 2.
    …”

So is it actually *always* possible to keep using Timecamp 2 or will it no longer be maintained?

About Timecamp 3:
    * Will it have all the same time tracking features at some point Timecamp 2 does now?
    * Will the pricing model be the same, so solo user can have a free account?

I’ve been searching a suitable time-tracker for a long time and Timecamp 2 has almost exactly everything I need. But I just found it only two weeks ago and these news about Timecamp 3 make me wonder “why fix something that ain’t broken”?

• LUIS PEREZ says:

WOULD BE GRATE IF WE CAN “COPY + PASTE” PROJECTS SO WE DONT HAVE TO CREATE TASK BY TASK AGAIN FOR NEW JOBS