Attendance report will help your team not only to track their efficiency but also to manage the vacation hours, holidays or sick leaves. Attendance module is one of the add-ons that you can enable from the settings level. Accessing the settings will require the admin role though, so make sure you do have these permissions and keep in mind that you are enabling it globally for your entire team. Before you will start using your payroll based system, take a look into the attendance settings where you can define the crucial assumptions. After enabling the module you can find them by going to the Settings and navigating to the general.
LET’S DEFINE THE BASIC RULES
1. First choose the group from your users’ structure, to which the below settings should apply.
2. Define if the attendance module should be based on the:
– computer activity data from the desktop application or
3. Define the holidays.
4. Choose the holiday task – once entered in your timesheet, the entire day will be marked as a holiday.
5. Set up the default workday length.
6. Tell how many holiday hours your group should receive
7. Choose the vacation task that will work on very similar bases to the holidays’ one.
LET’S SEE SOME DATA
Along with this decision from the 2nd step, the location of the attendance module will be made. If you choose the first option you will find attendance in “Computer time” section, but if you go with Timesheets it will become a part of the reports module.
- The top part of the attendance module is not different at all from any other report. You define a user/users and the timeframe for which you want to see the gathered data.
- Choose the columns that should be included in the report; day type you want to see and if there is a need: export it to the excel. You can also bulk edit your days, by ticking checkboxes next to the certain dates in the report.
- The bar underneath the users’ name will show you the brief summary of the tracked time.
- The table on the bottom is the raw content you need.
- you can see when the user has turned on- turned off the computer (if based on desktop app data)
- how much active time was registered
- the day type – you can monitor the users’ absence, more: here
- if you are a user you can request the leave by clicking on the “edit” in the Day type column