GPS location tracking is getting more and more popular. In the era of technological development, it’s not surprising that such apps are used not only privately but are also becoming an integral part of businesses practices of many organizations. Recently, devices created specifically for the purpose of GPS location tracking are loosing value as they are being replaced by apps dedicated to mobile phones. And these days, it’s difficult to find a person who depends only on a single device.
GPS Location Tracking On Phone
GPS location tracking is a method of gaining valuable data and can be used in a variety of ways. With the ability to track location, it’s easy to solve many problems. Phones allow you to find people, their location, social media profiles or even what they do and where they work. You can track location of a phone call if you’re getting suspicions calls, localize lost phone or easily find a specific person by their phone number.
All you need is a phone number. App such as Freecellphonelookups can help you track a phone number and localize it. With Whitepages, you can check any phone number and do a detailed background check. All that to keep you, your friends, and family safe. But for work purposes, GPS location tracking on phone is more sophisticated.
GPS location tracking has become so popular that many employees decide to implement it in their organizations. And in times when remote work and business trips are on the rise, it’s important for managers to monitor their team’s work from distant places.
More and more apps introduce the feature of GPS location tracking meeting the demand of customers who need to know what’s happening with their staff. It also helps them optimize and enhance employees’ work on the move. And there is no better way to do it than by using a mobile phone.
What Are The Best GPS Location Tracking Apps?
If you need to localize where a phone number comes from, sometimes googling it is enough. But if you’re looking for a GPS location tracking app that would provide you with extensive data on your or your employees trips, routes and everything related to traveling, it’s best to use special software.
Many tools seamlessly synchronize with the cloud or desktop version of the software making work on the road much easier. When choosing such app, you should make sure you’ll be able to smoothly incorporate it into your business.
Take a look at our short list of 5 GPS location tracking apps that can help you keep track of your team’s work.
This app is a combination of three: an GPS location tracking app, time tracker, and expense tracker. Its extensive and really fancy features help to automate your work no matter where you are and control every aspect of your job.
- The app uses your location to automatically record time entries
- Use tags to organize entries with a keyword
- Create filters to show or hide jobs and entries based on tags
- HoursTracker sends an alert when a set hours of work for the day is reached
- Free edition
- $5.99 – Personal edition
- $9.99 – Pro Edition
Timr is a tool suitable for people who need time tracking, project tracking, and GPS location tracking in one. The app provides all features necessary to keep track of all activities necessary to deliver projects on time and on place. Use it if you need to create a centralized system for managing a team.
- Tracking work hours and project time
- Available via browser and mobile app
- Tracking mileage with the GPS
- Centralized admin dashboard
- Customizable reports
- Regular – no base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
Plus – € 29/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if payed annually)
- Enterprise – € 79/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if payed annually)
Timesheet Mobile is a great solution for teams working on the move, including physical workers. It allows people to connect via deices despite being in different locations. Managers can use this GPS location tracking app to manage and monitor workforce and workflow.
- Geofence time tracking – the easy to use timesheet app sends instant alerts to managers when an employee is away from job site. Punch Prompt geofence technology reminds employees to Punch in/out and prevents timesheet errors.
- Scheduling with drag-and-drop feature
- Timesheet reports
- Team messaging
- Basics Plan – $3.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $14.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 1 – 15 cents per punch + $29.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 2 – $9.95 per employee for unlimited punches + $29.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 3 – $2.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $149 company subscription
For more simple solution, you can check FollowMee. It has all the basic features f a GPS location tracking app. This mobile app converts your Android, iOS, or Windows device into a GPS tracking device. Installing this app to devices that you want to track, you can monitor their whereabouts on this web site.
- You can view travel stop information of your tracked device. This includes the length of time for each stop and its start/end time
- Remote control
- Auto refresh map
- Email report
- History of locations
- Basic Service – $5.99 per year.
- (To have access to extended features, you pay depending on the feature)
Hubstaff is one of the most popular time tracking software with GPS location tracking. So it provides information on location and time related to the work. It’s an intuitive and a fancy tool.
Mobile time tracking to track employee hours in transit and time at the destination
Location monitoring – tracking through GPS, web-based reports
- Online timesheets
- Team dashboard
- Numerous integrations
Free – 1 User
Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
Premium – 1 User – $10/ month