Concerts, sporting events, charitable collections, festivals, industry conferences − each and all can cause a headache, particularly those who are responsible for organizing such occurrences are at high risk.
Everything can go wrong. Deadlines may be missed, the budget exceeded, resources pushed to the limits, helpers confused and not able to cooperate with each other.
Sounds like a nightmare, right? The good news is that all those events are projects in disguise and, therefore, project management tools can be applied to simplify the process of coordinating tasks and people.
And the arsenal of project management tools for event planners is rich in handy solutions:
If Slack and Trello had a baby, it would be HeySpace. It’s one of the best tools for sales because of it’s functionalities and ease of use. HeySpace is a task management software with chat. It helps to communicate and collaborate with clients, and with other team members and departments. People can manage workflow and monitor the progress of works always up-to-date.
HeySpace allows your sales team to eliminate two or even three different tools – task management software, project management software, and communication software since it combines the key features of these three. No more switching between different apps! You have everything in one place, easy to access and easy to use.
- Workspaces – you can create different workspaces for different clients, teams or departments
- Group and individual chat
- Converting conversation into task
- Adjustable tasks – you can set date, assign people to it, add tags, description, files, comment on it, add estimates, copy task
- Calendar integration and Google docs attachments
- Small features for your convenience: status, text editor, attaching files, mentions, history of changes
- Kanban board with tasks
- Hangouts calls
- TimeCamp time tracking integration
- Available as Web, mobile, and desktop app
- Premium – $5/user/month
If you are looking for a solution which would be web-based, this tool is for you. It is dedicated to caterers and event organizers and enables them to manage and execute various activities involved in organizing a catering event.
- Automatic tasks & reminders
- Calendar management
- Goggle calendar Sync
- CRM integration
- Drag & drop option
- E-payment capability
- Multi-device accessibility
- Generate customized proposals
- Automate event booking process
- E-signature integration
- Integrated email
- Inventory management
- Generate invoice
- Event lifecycle management
- Multi-view calendar
- Event reporting
- Marketing analysis
If Slack and Trello had a baby, it would be Hey.Space. It’s an advanced task management software with chat. It not only combines the features of the two but also adds more to managing work. It’s a tool useful in a work of event planning.
When managing all the work of planning an event, you have to keep a hand on various aspect – communication with your team and clients, managing all tasks, and making sure everything is going the right way. Hey.Space makes communication and collaboration smooth and effective.
- It’s completely free!
- You have access to chat, spaces, team members, and tasks in one place – no more switching between apps!
- Part of conversation can be easily turned into a task.
- To-do list.
- Board with tasks.
- Tracking tasks and projects progress.
- Broad features of tasks (adding tasks, setting due date, assigning people, etc.)
- Possibility to create many workspaces.
The app is online event management software. It supplies event planners with a complete solution to increase event attendance and decrease event costs. Thanks to the automation of the event management processes, Cvent help one to focus your time on strategic decisions rather than repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
- Event Registration
- Survey Creation
- Budget Management
- Survey Templates
- Mobile-Friendly Registrations
- Event Payment Processing
- Question Types
- Mobile Surveys
- Event Reporting
- Survey Reporting
- Group Buying
- Sample Web Surveys
- Social Media Tools
- Branded Websites and Tickets
- Plan, Soure, Manage, Measure Corporate Meetings
- Compare Destinations
For those who need a work management tool that supports teams of any size and improves collaboration around tasks and deliverables, Workteam project is one of the best options on the market. The app, dedicated to designing studios, marketing agencies, manufacturing or legal firms, but not only, helps to increase the chances of delivering projects on time. Its users are granted the possibility to create new plans, build a team, assign tasks, and track progress with burn-up charts that give an instant estimate of when a project will be completed.
- Track deliverables
- Create new plan
- Build teams
- Social features (comments, likes and mentions)
- Project completion estimates, based on staff availability
- Organize work into categorized buckets
- Project progress tracking
- Graphical representations of team progress
- Collaboration tools
- Customizable fields
- Share projects across groups of users
- Burn-up charts
- Customizable views
- Visual work management
- Automatic notifications
- Drag & drop functionality
- Communicate company goals
- Marketing plans
- Project management
- Synchronous editing
- Task management
- Deadline / due date tracking
- Individual work items
- Assign tasks
- “Follow” selected tasks
- Workteam’s burn-up charts help give clarity to team progress, as well as an estimate of when a project will be complete.
- Team members are provided a graphical view of team progress, enabling them to update the priority of a task by dragging the item from one column to another.
- Workteam enables teams to communicate around specific deliverables to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Each Workteam plan has its own dedicated board that provides estimates of project completion, taking team availability into consideration.
- Social features such as comments, likes and mentions, empower users to collaborate around individual work items.
The solution is a global end-to-end event management software. This cloud-based platform offers one innovative technology solutions and enables to streamline the event process and increase ROI. So far, etouches has assisted many event professionals in planning, executing and measuring their events. Focused on sourcing, registration, marketing, logistics, engagement, mobile and data, the app supports more than 1,200 customers in corporations, associations, agencies with its features.
- Resource scheduling
- Budget management
- Team wiki pages
- Housing & travel management
- Event website builder
- Event mobile app builder
- Email marketing management
- Attendee, speaker & exhibitor registration
- Badges, certificates & invitations
- Event venue management
- Project planning & task management
- Automated attendee/ delegate meetings
- Seating management
- Booth & floor planning
- Badge scanner
- Speaker/ topic submission & review
All who are in need of a professional tool enabling planning events will find Azavista a fantastic app. It is dedicated to corporate event organizers who are aiming to streamline their event planning processes. The app offers a complete set of event technology solutions suitable for any event. It helps increase efficiency, improve communication and productivity, and enhance attendance. Thanks to a wide set of modules and functionality, one is granted the possibility to set up multiple events, integrate with your CRM and marketing automation systems, manage registrations and much more.
- Sponsorship management
- Guest list management
- Track the events
- Participant registration dashboard
- Badge management
- Instant alerts
- Upload contact lists
- Email template editor
- Event Scheduling
- Drag and drop functionality
- Real-time tracking of changes
- Integration with CRM
- Online event registration
- Custom forms and fields
- Expense management
- Survey tools
- Cross event reporting
- Manage conferences
- Event planning
- Supplier sourcing process
- Market research
- Change management dashboard
About the ap:
Having problems with organizing events? People aren’t able to collaborate? Deadlines are gone over? It’s good that there are many management tools for individuals like you, for event planners, to help you with your work! Maybe you should check the above list for inspiration?