We compared time reports of 40 teams to see how much time they was spending productively before and after implementation of our time tracking software, TimeCamp. Results are surprising: total time spent on unproductive apps and websites decreased by 69,7%! But let’s start from the beggining.
Our aim was to examine how the presence of time tracking software affects approach to work and to get accurate, tangible numerical data about the size of these differences.
We selected 200 firms of various niches and sizes (from 7 to 211 employees) whose work is based mainly on computer. 40 of them agreed for our test: they will track employees’ time with TimeCamp for two weeks without informing them about it. Then, next two weeks they will work consious of that they are monitored.
How much productivity raised?
In all cases employees aware of time tracking software implementation increased an amount of productive time, reducing extra-curricular breaks, use of unproductive wesbistes and activities unrelated to work.
- Employees aware of time tracking reduced the amount of interruptions – as a result of this an average time of computer use increased by 22:11 minutes (6,97% more than before TimeCamp)
- Productive time on computer increased by 41:56 minutes (13,67% more)
- Employees who was using Internet for unproductive activities reduced use of the web by 15:40 minutes (22,05%)
- The use of unproductive apps and websites decreased by 18,48 minutes (up to 69,65%!)
Power of time tracking
Wouldn’t it be great if your decisions, estimations and strategies was based on accurate data?
Running a business you want to be sure that employees get things done and their involvement to work is equal. By implementation of TimeCamp you gain:
- overal picture of time distribution in your firm
- precise data for decisions and estimations
- increased productivity
- time and many saving
Still unconvinced? Sign up for a 30 days free trial and see yourself how easy and efficient TimeCamp is.
If you have any questions, please write it in the comments below, talk to our helpdesk, shoot us an e-mail or simply call us. We want to hear from you!