- July 30, 2018
- by Kate Borucka
- No comments
Table of Contents
Tracking Employee Vacation and Sick Leaves
Summer is a great time to think about vacation. Sun is shining brightly outside and the hot weather makes it hard to work. That’s why many employees decide to take a little break from work and go on vacation. And so, summer reminds us that it’s important to track days off, either if they’re vacation or sick leaves.
Companies and organizations usually have certain limits when it comes to employee vacation and sick leaves. Those limits may depend on various factors – company’s internal rules, employees position or sometimes law regulations.
No matter the case, you have to track yours or your employees vacation and sick leaves. This will help to keep a hand on absences. You will also be able to allocate resources properly, keep the workflow organized, control payroll, monitor employees’ productivity, and make sure all financial aspects are managed accurately down to the penny.
There are two ways to track employee vacation and sick leaves. You can do this manually or automatically. However, the latter is much easier. It helps to save plenty of your time but also does all the tracking and data gathering for you. Manually, you have to enter all the information into a spreadsheet and be careful not to make any mistakes as it may be fatal to your budget.
Today, we will show you how to easily track employee vacation and sick leaves with TimeCamp, time tracking software, which makes it completely automatically.
How to Do It?
Using time tracking tools to track employee vacation and sick leaves is much more beneficial and convenient than the manual method. Why? Because combined with time tracking, it helps to see clearer who is on vacation or a sick leave.
To begin with, in TimeCamp these functions are correlated with each other for easier time tracking and absence management. TimeCamp provides the ability to manage not only vacation or sick leaves but also holiday, business trips, remote work and special leave days for you and your team.
There are 4 easy steps which you have to follow:
- To be able to track employee vacation and sick leaves, you have to enable it in the attendance module, which you can find in the add-ons section (it’s really easy to find it in settings).
- Then, choose the group from your users’ structure, to which the settings (see the image below) should apply.
- Define if the attendance module should be based on the computer activity data from the desktop application or timesheets.
- Define the holidays. and choose the holiday task – once entered in your timesheet, the entire day will be marked as a holiday.
- Set up the default workday length.
- Tell how many holiday hours your group should receive.
- Choose the vacation task that will work on very similar bases to the holidays’ one.
As simple as that! It doesn’t require much effort, just a few clicks, and it saves time but also enhances work. Make sure to use the feature to track employee vacation and sick leaves as well as other forms of absence.
The feature was created to make work easier and to precisely track time of work and every task and project. After all, vacation or sick leaves are part of the processes taking place in the company.
If you don’t like reading the instructions, you can watch the video tutorial below!