- July 2, 2018
- by Kate Borucka
- No comments
Table of Contents
Employee Time Tracking App as a Way of Managing Your Team
When you’re leading a team or a group of employees, either remotely or in the office environment, there are plenty of aspects which you have to keep a hand on. One of them is monitoring people’s work time and making sure everyone’s doing their job. Of course, the purpose of it is not to spy on them but to enhance work.
And so, time tracking app is a tool helpful in managing your team. There are plenty of employee time tracking software on the market which include project management features. But you have to be careful when choosing the right tool because they all, even though similar, are aimed at different niches.
To some of the most common components of employee time tracking apps of such type belong time tracking based on a chosen attribute, allocating resources, the feature of billable and non-billable hours or keeping all the data on projects, clients, and a team in one place. Using employee time tracking app automatizes work and boosts people’s productivity.
Some time tracking tools may work better for engineers, IT sector, others are more appropriate for contractors working with government, etc. It all depends on the character of your business as well as the features you need. Thus, we prepared a short list of 5 best employee time tracking apps which will help you manage your team effectively!
Created for Project Managers in mind, Wrike delivers a solution which not only helps you track time of your team but also manage it with the use of the software. The app allows you to work in the real-time – you can change, add, adjust, edit entries and files to complete your projects in one place.
You can easily manage resources to get the best out of your projects. Moreover, if you work on recurring or similar projects, you can recreate them basing on templates to work faster and save time. But above all, the tool enables you to easily evaluate your team’s work based on the time they tracked while working. This helps in establishing estimates of budget and time needed for future projects.
Check our Wrike time tracking integration!
TimeCamp is a time tracking app which has and can be used by every type of industry. It is filled with valuable features at a low price. That, and its functionality make it a perfect employee time tracking app.
- A wide range of platforms the tool is available for Desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), broader extension and mobile app available for iOS and Android to help users track their time regardless of location,
- The highest quality at best price.
- Automatic time tracking which allows you to switch between tasks without any effort.
- The ability to set a time budget for each task to monitor team’s workflow.
- Billing customers accurately thanks to the project’s budget tracking.
- Turning time entries into invoices based on estimated hourly rates.
- Both direct and Zapier integrations which include project management and accounting tools like Asana, Podio, Trello, Xero and many others.
- GPS tracking
Additionally, TimeCamp has a feature of integrating tracked time with a calendar. Graphical reports help you understand how certain processes happen and how much time is spent on them. All that gives detailed insight into your team’s work, their productivity, and their project’s progress. Everything in just one place!
Get the best employee time tracking app and take your company to another level! Sign up for TimeCamp today!
Harvest is the right tool for all people who want to find out what their employees do at work. It’s easy-in-use with a friendly interface and the most necessary features a Project Manager or a leader would need:
- It tracks time and expenses to give you information on all the crucial data.
- You can easily access all the data about your team’s work, projects progress, time and budget spent on work, etc.
- The app is available as a desktop, mobile, and browser app.
- Reports make it possible to foresee time and budget needed for future projects.
- You can turn timesheets into invoices.
- Harvest integrates with other various tools.
- You can take a picture of a document and attach it to your project in Harvest.
This employee time tracking app is an extensive system which easily enables you to monitor your people’s work. If you are looking for a complex yet comprehensive solution, Replicon will be the right tool. It is a great app for large companies with Project Managers or leaders who manage sizeable or even remote teams.
Replicon allows you to manage global time and attendance, time off, gross pay, wage-and-hour compliance, client billing or revenue recognition. The software makes it possible to manage time and projects based on localization so that you can more accurately scale and configure projects.
Relatively simple with a friendly interface and transparent components, Trigger will be perfect for all people valuing simplicity. This app tracks activities in the real-time and allows adding entries manually after work.
As a Project Manager or a person monitoring employees work hours you can see who has been working on what and for how long, control projects and tasks, see and combine data on logged hours, clients, etc., allocate team according to a schedule, and analyze information in insights. Trigger is also available as a mobile app.
To Sum Up
Choosing the right employee time tracking app is not an easy thing. However, if you know what you and your company need, you will find it easy to find the best solution. Make sure you know what processes take place in your company and what are employees’ expectations. That way you will be able to get the best out of time tracking software and will achieve high results. Good luck!