There is no doubt that time tracking software for architects is a necessity. Their job is difficult, challenging, often complicated, and includes lots of numbers. Especially when it comes to financial aspects, calculating budget, and estimating time necessary for executing a project
Plenty of tools are available for various industries and professionals but architects tend to be omitted. Their work is tremendously important. If it wasn’t for them, we would still live in miserable sheds and walk on muddy roads. And it’s important to remember about architects to help them improve how they work.
Architect’s work is not only about planning and designing fancy constructions. It’s also about making individual adjustments for clients, counting numbers or monitoring the building process. All of that is exhausting and requires using lots of resources and data.
But it can all be automated and optimized with the right tools. Check out our list of 10 best time tracking software for architects!
TimeCamp is the best time tracking software for architects who are too busy to collect all the reports and manage projects manually. The tool tremendously advances and automizes work. Also, you can easily report back on the project’s progress to the client thanks to extensive database information.
TimeCamp will work exceptionally well for both individuals and organizations, no matter the size. Because architects’ work is difficult and comprises of many long and complicates stages, it is extremely important to keep track of all activities. All that in a one, robust tool.
- TimeCamp is a time recording software which does not only track your time. It tracks all your activities, no matter what they are – designing a new building, gathering information necessary for reports or delegating tasks to co-workers.
- Since as an architect you may work on multiple projects, the tool has a feature of creating projects and then separating them into smaller tasks or creating individual tasks not depending on any project.
- Invoicing feature makes it possible to create invoices based on reports and send them to your clients right away.
- TimeCamp gathers all data in one place and gives you detailed reports on your work, your project’s stages, budget, and other numbers which you may find necessary in your work.
- The software also works as a project management tool to enhance the communication and co-operation between you, the clients, and other engineers engaged in the project.
- An extensive list of integrations helps you to operate between different apps and software to smoothen your work.
- A mobile app allows tracking time even when you are on the construction site or in the field without internet access. The app will automatically synchronize all the information after you regain the connection.
- Solo (for one user) – free
- Basic – $5.25 billed annually
- Pro – $7.50 billed annually
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Hubstaff is one of the most popular apps for increasing productivity and also one of the best time tracking software for architects. It has all the necessary features a good time tracking app should have. Small, large teams, corporations, individuals, everyone will find it helpful.
- Location monitoring – tracking through GPS, web-based reports
- Online timesheets
- Team dashboard
- Scheduling with employee attendance tracker and staff scheduler
- Setting up pay rates once for each member of a team or project, so payments are automatically sent based on hours worked during that pay period
- Numerous integrations with other tools and platforms
- Free – 1 User
- Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
- Premium – 1 User – $10/ month
TallyPro is another time recording software for architects. Its time tracking feature serves as an analyzer of your activities. And with its reports, you get an insight into all your work. The tool gives you control over your workstyle. Either you work on an hourly-basis, milestone, or a fixed fee, TallyPro enables you to adjust features according to your needs so that you can be flexible.
- Billable and non-billable categories for projects
- You can manage your time most convenient to you: based on the project, time recorded, by reports or billing
- It’s a web-based platform easily accessible from anywhere
- The tool gathers all the data for you, so you don’t have to enter it manually and waste your time on that
- You can automatically create invoices
- Has all your data encrypted and backed-up
It is important to mention that TallyPro also allows you to manage all resources and control every aspect of the project as well as analyze staff performance and report back to your clients.
- Free for a single user
- Business – £20 per employee per month (additional employees cost £7 per employee/month)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
SQUAVA is a perfect time tracking software for architects who need a simple, unified system of tracking time, budget, and progress of projects. Also, SQUAVA is fantastic for checking on your backlog. The tool enables you to monitor the current state of the required resources and easily plan future work.
- Time tracking with timesheets and reports
- Backlog reports available in the real-time
- Budgeting with cost tracking
- Automatic invoices
- Record of bank transactions
Pricing: SQUAVA has only one plan – The Only Plan – $40 per month per user
Some tools are designed for a specific sector and such is the case with Monograph. It’s a typical time tracking software for architects (and engineers). It’s a simple and intuitive tool that helps to organize work and streamline complex processes.
With Monograph you can track time, plan and manage projects, and take care of your finances. It’s straightforward software for architects built by architects.
- Automatic time tracking with project forecasting
- Billable and non-billable time with fixed and hourly billing
- Invoicing by different categories: Activity, Role, or Phase
- Project planning with visualization feature
Pricing starts at $45 per month ($30 base price + $15 per person)
Bill4Time is a great software for architects who need to manage and track their budget. It helps to keep all the financial aspects under control and make sure there are no mistakes. The app allows the team of your architects to stay on track but it also ensures smooth communication with your clients in terms of information exchange.
Thanks to the client portal, everybody always knows what’s happening. There’s no room for mistakes with such a powerful database.
- Effective and simple time tracking
- Billable and non-billable time
- Billing and invoicing
- A wide variety of reports including client summary, internal time, invoices, expenses and more
- Online payments and client portal
- Contact, project and document management
- Time & Billing – $27 per user/month (billed annually)
- Legal Pro – $45 per user/month (billed annually)
- Legal Enterprise – $80 per user/month (billed annually)
Core time recording software for architects is relatively simple. Architects have to deal with daily problems of their job such as participating in developing the requirements the client wants, coordinating a team, designing, and administrating the contract with all its aspects. The core comes with aid and enhances the architect’s time and team management.
With Core, you can reduce the stress related to accounting, team and project management but also tracking time spent on projects. This helps in creating reports for your clients to let them know about the project’s progress.
- Available as a web and mobile apps
- Multiple, customizable dashboards with a graphical interface
- Time and expense tracking
- Customizable invoice templates
- Memorizable and customizable reports
- Project management features: tracking and managing a budget, tracking profitability, task and people management
- Multi-level submittal and approval processes for time and expenses, budgets, estimates, vendor bills, and invoices
The core has several types of modules. Base Module is required and starts from $19.95 per user/month. Additional Modules having different features start from $9.95 per user/month
TimeTrack is one of the best time tracking software for architects because it’s straightforward and doesn’t require additional onboarding. It has the basic features that allow you and your team to record working time and improve all processes related to planning, designing, and evaluating projects’ profitability.
TimeTrack helps eliminate tedious paperwork, manually filling up timesheets and makes your team’s work fast and effective.
- Project and employee time tracking
- Time tracking with numerous options on different levels (manager, leader, employees, etc.)
- Available for iOS and Android as well as for Microsoft platforms
- Synchronizes across different platforms
- Project evaluation with different filters
- Adjustable timesheets
TimeTrack offers a free version. Upgrades start from $2.99. Features vary on the pricing plan.
Synergy is a cloud business and project management software used by architects and engineers. It’s precisely tailored to architects needs and that’s what makes it a perfect solution for this industry. It’s a tool packed with extensive and elaborate features. Not only will Synergy help in delivering successful projects but it will also give a boost to your entire business.
- Time tracking with rich features
- Project Portal allowing you to keep track of all aspects of the project
- Billable and non-billable time entries
- Assigning rates and costs to projects, rate and costs calculator
- Dashboard with important information in the real-time
- Accounting add-ons
- Custom reports
- Professional – $10 per user/month
- Business – $20 per user/month
- Enterprise – $40 per user/month
Toggl is a time tracking program that is especially useful for freelancers or small business owners. The app can be used to record how much time is spent on each project and helps you to plan tasks ahead of time. It’s a simple and intuitive solution. Toggl is an excellent time tracking software for architects who need simple time tracking.
- Simple time tracking
- Reminders and alerts
- Team dashboard
- Desktop, web, and mobile apps
- Billable rates
- Project dashboard
- Starter – $9 per user per month (billed annually)
- Premium – $18 per user per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Which Time Tracking Software for Architects Will You Choose?
Are you an architect? Which time tracking software do you use? Is your favorite tool on our list? Or maybe we missed it? Let us know in the comments!
Remember that not every time tracking software is suitable for all businesses. You should look for one that corresponds to your company’s needs, has all the necessary features and is flexible in use for your team. Choose smartly and stay productive!