Time tracking software with GPS is changing the way we work. It allows employers and employees to overcome work boundaries, and work flexibly and more effectively. But from all the tools available on the market, it may not be easy to choose the right one. If you’re looking for top time tracking software with GPS, you are in the right place.
› Why Use Time Tracking Software With GPS?
› Do You Use Time Tracking Software With GPS?
Why Use Time Tracking Software With GPS?
Whether being a freelancer, manager or member of a larger team, you can significantly benefit from using time tracking software with GPS. Advantages are enormous but 5 of the most important include the following:
- Transparency – if a team uses time tracking software with GPS, everybody can have a clear insight into the progress of works, different projects, and each other’s location thanks to real-time reports
- No mistakes – transparency results in accuracy and structured data. When all information is in order, the risks of mistakes is much lower
- Unity – with one tool, there is no necessity to use separate apps. Everything is available in one place. Additionally, your organization can organize the software in such a way that it is a central hub for gathering factual data on all projects (budget, time spent on each task, attendance, and many more), measuring outcomes, and managing team
- Remote management – if in your business, you hire remote workers, work with fleets or your employees need to travel regularly, time tracking software will help you keep track of everyone and manage them accordingly
- Work automation – nothing improves and speeds-up work as much as the right software. Tedious tasks are automated, reports fill in automatically, and employees can focus on their work instead of on counting numbers
Using time tracking software with GPS enhances all types of processes, helps to save money, and tightens organizational structures.
If you’re looking for the right tool, here’s the list of the top 10 time tracking software with GPS. These are all the best apps dedicated to people who want to be more productive, accountable, and profitable.
TimeCamp is one of the most advanced time tracking software on the market. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you save time and money, it’s the right choice!
TimeCamp allows you to track your employees work to improve workflow, communication, and collaboration in your team. Its automatic tracking features make it a great centralized system for project management. With TimeCamp, you can easily track your team’s attendance, monitor and allocate budget, and oversee all stages of projects. It has all the necessary components you need to always stay on top of work and be ahead of your competitors!
- Automatic time tracking in the real-time with comprehensive and detailed reports
- Accurate timesheets with approvals to know when and how your employees work
- Monitoring employee activities by categories, including app and website tracking
- Monitoring productive and unproductive activities
- Tracking time by tasks and projects to know what your employees are working on and what’s the projects’ state
- Attendance tracking and management to keep track of vacations, leaves, absences, and more
- Budget monitoring
- GPS – NEW feature!
- Integrations with the most popular software for project management, accounting, CRM, productivity, and more!
- Solo – free for a single user
- Basic – $5.25 per user (billed annually)
- Pro – $7.50 per user (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
ClockShark is a robust time tracking software with GPS. It’s suitable for teams working in every type of business – individuals, small and large teams, freelancers, remote workers, and everyone who wants to keep track of their work. Also, ClockSharks’ features will fit perfectly to the needs of construction workers and anyone who works on the site or anywhere in the field. The software comes with a variety of features that help not only to keep a record of stuff’s work and schedule jobs but also allow to keep track of employee location.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking with timesheet approvals
- Scheduling with the drag-and-drop feature
- Web punch clock which allows you to conveniently clock-in and out of your job
- Kiosk time with facial recognition
- Advanced job costing controls
- File attachment
- Third-party integrations with the most popular software: QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Run Powered by ADP, ADP Workforce Now, Xero, Sage 100 Contractor and Zapier
- Basic – $3/mo per person +$15/mo base fee
- Standard – $5/mo per person +$25/mo base fee
- Pro – $8/mo per person +$45/mo base fee
Includes 14-day trial with all Pro features
TSheets by QuicBooks is a cloud-based time tracking software with GPS. It combines accounting and time tracking features. It’s intuitive and easy-in-use, best for small businesses that need to simplify payroll and invoicing. TSheets can help you save on payroll costs and payroll processing. TSheets is also a great mini project management system that helps to gather all important data in one place and easily monitor financial aspects of projects.
- One-click time tracking
- Scheduling by jobs or shifts
- Real-time interactive reports and timesheets
- GPS location tracking
- Different overtime settings and flexible pay rates
- Alerts and notifications
- Time-off management
Timr is a good tool for people who need time tracking, project tracking, and location tracking in one. The app provides full features necessary to keep track of all activities that are essential to deliver projects on time and on place. Use it if you need a centralized system for managing a team.
- Tracking work hours and project time
- Available via browser and mobile app
- Tracking mileage with the GPS
- Centralized admin dashboard
- Customizable reports
- Holiday and absence management
- Daily, weekly and monthly account records
- Automatic reminders
- Regular – no base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Plus – € 29/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Enterprise – € 79/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
LaborSync is an advanced time tracking software with GPS. This system is suitable for time and attendance management. It helps to keep track of employees’ hours and their location via mobile devices. LaborSync helps to optimize and automate processes in the organization, save time, and increase revenue. It’s a robust employee tracking system with numerous features. Additionally, it’s available in 15 different languages.
- GPS-enabled time tracking, you have accurate reports indicating how long each employee is at a job site and the route
- Real-time GPS tracking – you can always see what your employees are doing at a specific moment
- Reporting in the real-time
- Payroll management
- Estimating project
- Project management
- Overall employment management
- Customizable reports
- Field notes and messaging – through the messaging feature, employees can be notified of meetings, schedule changes, or any other information
$10 per month for an active employee. Includes 14-day trial
Hubstaff is one of the most popular time tracking and productivity apps. It’s a fancy tool with all the basic features a good time tracking software with GPS should have. Hubstaff’s a good solution for people who need a simple version of project management tool that can provide you and your clients (or employer) with the proof of work such as screenshots, reports, and timesheets. It can also be helpful in automating simple invoicing and payroll processes.
- One-click time tracking in the real-time
- Reports and timesheets with approvals
- GPS tracking with Geofence
- Timeclock apps available as iOS, Android, Mac, Linux or Windows apps
- Setting up different pay rates
- Employee attendance tracker and staff scheduler
- Desktop app
- Free – 1 User
- Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
- Premium – 1 User – $10/ month
Boomr is a time tracking software for those who need detailed features. It is the best choice for organizations that need fully integrated system for managing timesheets, attendance and payroll. Boomr is a powerful software designed specifically for tracking time and monitoring employees’ work. The software is also compliant with federal and state labor laws, and always stays updated with any regulatory changes.
- One-click employee self onboarding
- Built-in team messaging and communication
- Geo-stamped timekeeping
- Real-time Overtime Watch alerts and reporting
- Integrations with other tools
- Standard – $4/month per user +$16 base fee per month
- Business – $7.20/month per user +$36 base fee per month
Best for employees working outside of the office or being constantly on the move, Timeero comes with practical features. It’s an intuitive and simple time tracking software with GPS. Timeero helps to automate timesheet management and get rid of all the paperwork. The software lets your employees fully focus on their work with one-tap clock in/out. Timeero is a good solution for small businesses that need to have a quick insight into team’s work and location. The tool is fully compliant with the Department of Labor wage rules.
- Time and attendance tracking
- GPS tracking with mileage tracking and route review
- Customizable geofencing
- Manager and admin approvals
- Time-off management
- Clock in/out reminders
Pricing: (included 14-day trial)
- Monthly – $5/user per month + $10 base fee
- Annual – (10% discount): $55/user
- 99+ employees – custom pricing
If you need advanced software, Mitrefinch will be the right choice. Mitrefinch is time and attendance software that helps to keep transparency in the workflow. The process of implementation is tailored to your organization’s needs. A customized, in-depth consultation helps you identify exactly what you need the software to do. It’s a fantastic solution for managers and employees who need a very specific, personalized software.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking
- Leave management
- Attendance tracking
- Advanced employee scheduling
- Clocking with different options – web-based clocking, biometric time clock, text alert clocking, land-line clocking, mobile clocking, and desktop reader
- FMLA tracking
Custom pricing depending on your needs
Fully customizable, TimeDoctor is the best employee monitoring software for demanding users who need detailed insight into employees’ activity. It monitors the usage of apps and websites so managers can see how their teams are spending time during work.
At the same time, employees can use the app to boost productivity and better allocate their time. TimeDoctor is a first-class software for proper resource allocation and overall project management.
- Time tracking with distinction to tasks, projects, people
- Time Doctor will monitor employee internet usage during their work time. When it is detected that excessive amounts of time are being spent on YouTube, Facebook, or browsing other personal websites, Time Doctor will give those users a nudge to check if they are still working
- Website and application monitoring
- Ability to give clients access to Time Doctor
- Payroll management
- GPS tracking
- Range of configurable options available
- Integrations with the most popular apps
$9.99/month per user with free 14-day trial
How Do You Use Time Tracking Software With GPS?
Is your favorite time tracking software with GPS on our list? Did we miss something? Or maybe you use different methods to track your or your employee’s work and location? Some people still prefer the traditional “pen and paper” approach. They write down on paper their working hours, collect receipts for gasoline, and make all the paperwork pile up. How about you?
Share your thoughts in the comments, we’ll be happy to hear from you!