- October 8, 2019
- by Kate Borucka
- No comments
GPS tracking app with time tracking is changing the way we work. It allows employers and employees to overcome work boundaries, and work flexibly and more effectively. But from all the tools available on the market, it may not be easy to choose the right one.
If you’re looking for a top time tracking software with GPS and a team time tracking app that will synchronize the workflow of distributed employees, you are in the right place.
Why Use Time Tracking Software With GPS?
Whether being a freelancer, manager or member of a larger team, you can significantly benefit from using time tracking software with GPS. Advantages are enormous but 5 of the most important include the following:
- Transparency – if a team uses time tracking software with GPS, everybody can have a clear insight into the progress of works, different projects, and each other’s location thanks to real-time reports
- No mistakes – transparency results in accuracy and structured data. When all information is in order, the risks of mistakes is much lower
- Unity – with one tool, there is no necessity to use separate apps. Everything is available in one place. Additionally, your organization can organize the software in such a way that it is a central hub for gathering factual data on all projects (budget, time spent on each task, attendance, and many more), measuring outcomes, and managing team
- Remote management – if in your business, you hire remote workers, work with fleets or your employees need to travel regularly, time tracking software will help you keep track of everyone and manage them accordingly
- Work automation – nothing improves and speeds-up work as much as the right software. Tedious tasks are automated, reports fill in automatically, and employees can focus on their work instead of on counting numbers
- Resource allocation – it’s easier to allocate resources when you know all the costs and have a clear insight into all the data about your company
- Easy shift scheduling – with accurate timesheets, you can see the availability of your team, record attendance, and better plan the workflow of the whole crew.
Using time tracking software with GPS enhances all types of processes, helps to save money, and tightens organizational structures.
What Is The Best GPS Tracking App With Timesheets?
Having a GPS tracking app with timesheets is not only a convenience but a necessity. Organizations that need to monitor employees’ location and keep track of their work hours may find it challenging to operate without such software.
If you’re looking for the best GPS tracking app with timesheets, make sure to check out our list!
- Timesheet Mobile
TimeCamp is one of the most advanced free time tracking software on the market. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you save time and money, it’s the right choice!
TimeCamp allows you to track your employees’ work to improve workflow, communication, and collaboration in your team.
Its automatic tracking features make it a great centralized system for project management. It has all the necessary components you need to always stay on top of work and be ahead of your competitors!
- Automatic time tracking in the real-time with comprehensive and detailed reports
- Accurate timesheets with approvals to know when and how your employees work
- Monitoring productive and unproductive activities
- Tracking time by tasks and projects to know what your employees are working on and what’s the projects’ state
- Attendance tracking and management to keep track of vacations, leaves, absences, and more
- Budget monitoring
- GPS – NEW feature!
- Tags allow you to better structure projects and quickly organize work
- Integrations with the most popular software for project management, accounting, CRM, productivity, and more!
- Free for unlimited users
- Basic – $6.30 per user (billed annually)
- Pro – $9 per user (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
ClockShark is a robust GPS tracking app with timesheets. It’s suitable for teams working in every type of business – individuals, small and large teams, freelancers, remote workers, and everyone who wants to keep track of their work.
The software comes with a variety of features that help not only to keep track of employee location but allow the staff to keep a record of their work and schedule jobs.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking with timesheet approvals
- Scheduling with the drag-and-drop feature
- Web punch clock which allows you to conveniently clock-in and out of your job
- Kiosk time with facial recognition
- Advanced job costing controls
- Third-party integrations with the most popular software: QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Run Powered by ADP, ADP Workforce Now, Xero, Sage 100 Contractor and Zapier
- Basic – $3/mo per person +$15/mo base fee
- Standard – $5/mo per person +$25/mo base fee
- Pro – $8/mo per person +$45/mo base fee
- Includes 14-day trial with all Pro features
TSheets is a perfect GPS tracking app with timesheets which combines accounting and time tracking features. Its easiness and intuitiveness make it the best employee tracking system for organizations that need to take budget under control. TSheets is also a great project management system that helps to gather all important data in one place and easily monitor all aspects of projects.
- One-click time tracking
- Scheduling by jobs or shifts
- Real-time interactive reports and timesheets
- GPS location tracking
- Different overtime settings and flexible pay rates
- Alerts and notifications
- Time-off management
Pricing: $6.40 per user, per month+ $16 base fee per month. 14-day trial available.
Boomr is a time tracking software for those who need detailed features. It is the best choice for those agencies that need an integrated system for managing timesheets, attendance and payroll. If you need a powerful software designed specifically for tracking time and monitoring employee work, Boomr is the perfect fit.
- One-click employee self onboarding
- Built-in team messaging and communication
- Geo-stamped timekeeping
- Real-time Overtime Watch alerts and reporting
- Integrations with other tools
- Standard – $4/month per user +$16 base fee per month
- Business – $7.20/month per user +$36 base fee per month
When I Work was built to serve the employee scheduling and communication needs of workplaces across a wide range of industries. It’s an employee scheduling app that does more than just save you time on scheduling. It also helps to improve communication, boost accountability among your staff, track time and attendance, and grow your business thanks to real-time tracking.
- Powerful scheduling with many features
- Geofencing and GPS
- Ability to connect staff time clock to payroll provider to always have accurate pay
- Timesheet summary
- Real-time time tracking
- Mobile app
- Team messaging
- Free for a single team
- Scheduling Basic – $1.50 Per User / Per Month Billed Monthly
- Scheduling Pro – $2.25 Per User / Per Month Billed Monthly
- Enterprise – custom price
Timesheet Mobile allows you to eliminate paper timesheets, set up employee jobs, assign tasks, and easily manage employee schedules. This employee tracking system will help you and your team keep a hand on the daily agenda and make sure all projects are carried out properly and on time.
- Geofence time tracking – the easy to use timesheet app sends instant alerts to managers when an employee is away from job site. Punch Prompt geofence technology reminds employees to Punch in/out and prevents timesheet errors.
- Scheduling with drag-and-drop feature
- Timesheet reports
- Team messaging
- Integrations with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Xero, Sage, ADP, FreshBooks
- Basics Plan – $3.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $14.99 company subscription
- Per Punch Plan – 15 cents per punch + $29.99 company subscription
- Small Business – $9.95 per employee for unlimited punches + $29.99 company subscription
- Medium Business – $2.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $149 company subscription
- Large Business – custom pricing
Timr is a tool suitable for people who need time tracking, project tracking, and location tracking in one. The app provides all features necessary to keep track of all activities essential to deliver projects on time and on place. Use it if you need a centralized system for managing a team.
- Tracking work hours and project time
- Available via browser and mobile app
- Tracking mileage with the GPS
- Centralized admin dashboard
- Customizable reports
- Regular – no base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
Plus – € 29/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Enterprise – € 79/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
For teams looking for employee scheduling software, Deputy will be a perfect choice. This software can help enhance staff and workflow management. Thanks to Deputy, employees can focus on their work and always have a clear insight into schedules.
Deputy makes it easier to collaborate and communicate as well as seamlessly integrate all tasks across different teams or departments.
- Location capturing to know when and where employees work
- Employee scheduling with auto-scheduling (powered by AI) and break planning
- Time and attendance tracking, and leave management
- Timesheets with approvals and ability to export timesheets into a payroll system
- Time billing, invoicing, and custom pay rates
- Reports with rich data (schedule budgets, actual timesheet wages, sales transactions, and other essential data)
- Native Kiosk app
- Task management
- Integrations with leading payroll, point of sales and HR system
- Scheduling – $2.50 – per user, per month (no annual plan available)
- Time & Attendance – $2.50 – per user, per month (no annual plan available)
- Premium – $4 per user, per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Timesheets is employee time tracking software for small and medium businesses. It’s a fantastic solution for teams who want to improve productivity, enhance security, and reduce costs while making sure everything is compliant with the law.
👉 Read more about small business time tracking.
It has granular timesheets for employees working on different terms. Timesheets is a convenient tool that can significantly simplify work and improve communication across all levels within an organization.
- Time tracking in the real-time
- Detailed timesheets allow tracking payroll, billing, or job costing
- Timesheets allows incorporating electronic signatures and supervisor approvals and customize user settings
- Time off and paid time off tracking
- Reporting in the real-time – over 50 customized reports available
- Expense tracking for billing and employee reimbursement
- Integrated Human Resource System to keep all your HR records in one place
Timesheets is a browser-based app available in mobile format
- Freelancer – Free/one user
- Standard – $4.50/one user
- Non Profit – $3.60/user
This employee tracking system is suitable for time and attendance management. It helps to keep track of employees’ hours and their location via mobile devices. Labor Sync helps to optimize processes and save time as well as money in the organization. It’s a robust employee tracking system with numerous features. Additionally, it’s available in 15 different languages.
- GPS-enabled time tracking, you have accurate reports indicating how long each employee is at a job site and the route
- Real-time GPS tracking – you can always see what your employees are doing at a specific moment
- Reporting in the real-time
- Project management
- Overall employment management
- Customizable reports
- Field notes and messaging – through the messaging feature, employees can be notified of meetings, schedule changes, or any other information
Pricing: $10 per month for an active employee. Includes 14-day trial
ZoomShift is an employee scheduling software that offers a unique time tracking feature. It allows for better time management so that milestones can be easily viewed and client expectations can be better managed.
ZoomShift is designed to help your business make work schedules faster, save money on payroll, and let your employees clock-in and view their hours with ease.
- Customizable time clock software and app
- Geofencing Time Clock
- Easy to use clock-in/out functionality
- Create weekly hours and customize the hourly rate
- Use predefined templates to schedule in minutes
- Drag and drop shifts in place
- Payroll reports
- Share employee schedules via text, push, and email
- Starter – $2 per active team member/month
- Premium – $4 per active team member/month
- Enterprise – Custom per active team member/month
Taimer is not just a time tracker, but an all-in-one professional service automation (PSA) software for professionals to manage sales, projects, resources, time, finances and reporting.
With Taimer, you can replace 10+ apps and save time, improve productivity, and have full visibility on key business functions, profitability, and finances on a single, simplified, integrated platform.
- Project management
- Sales management (pipelines, CPQ, sales quotes, sales insights, reports etc.)
- Resource scheduling (Gantt, grid & list views)
- Time tracking software with a GPS-log
- Finance management (invoicing, bills, expenses & travel expenses)
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting (profit & loss, invoicing, activities, hours, sales, goals)
- Free CRM (Free Forever; for 1 users)
- Sales CRM (13€/month/user)
- Project Management (16€/month/user)
- ERP (26€/month/user)
If you need advanced software, Mitrefinch will be the right choice. Mitrefinch is time and attendance app that helps to keep transparency in the workflow.
The process of implementation is tailored to your organization’s needs. A customized, in-depth consultation helps you identify exactly what you need the software to do. It’s a fantastic solution for managers and employees who need a very specific, personalized software.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking
- Leave management
- Attendance tracking
- Advanced employee scheduling
- Clocking with different options – web-based clocking, biometric time clock, text alert clocking, land-line clocking, mobile clocking, and desktop reader
- FMLA tracking
Pricing: Custom pricing depending on your needs
Best for employees working outside of the office or being constantly on the move, Timeero comes with practical features. It’s an intuitive and simple time tracking software with GPS. Timeero helps to automate timesheet management and get rid of all the paperwork.
The software lets your employees fully focus on their work with one-tap clock in/out. Timeero is a good solution for small businesses that need to have a quick insight into team’s work and location. The tool is fully compliant with the Department of Labor wage rules.
- Time and attendance tracking
- GPS tracking with mileage tracking and route review
- Customizable geofencing
- Manager and admin approvals
- Time-off management
- Clock in/out reminders
Pricing: (included 14-day trial)
- Monthly – $5/user per month + $10 base fee
- Annual – (10% discount): $55/user
- 99+ employees – custom pricing
Do You Use GPS Tracking App With Timesheets?
If you haven’t started using a GPS tracking app with timesheets, it’s high time you did it! Apart from the ability to track employees’ location and their attendance, you will gain visibility into the entire team’s tasks, improve scheduling, and save money by automating repetitive processes.
The right software will bring transparency to your organization and help eliminate weak spots.
And what is your favorite GPS tracking app with timesheets? Share your thoughts in the comments section!