- September 19, 2016
- by Jakub Szyszka
- No comments
Self-control and optimization of working time
TimeCamp is modern software designed for monitoring and optimizing the efficiency of one’s own work. The system measures the time spent by the user on computer activities. Then it categorizes them into those that are productive and those not related to the duties a user should be doing. It can be used both in the case of stationary work in the company and by the remotely working employees.
How Does TimeCamp Work?
TimeCamp monitors the use of the computer at work. It provides information on how employees make use of their working time. It enables them to analyze their activities, identify the unproductive ones and plan the work in a more effective way.
- Automatically records time usage of each application running on your computer.
- It shows the most frequently visited web pages with time allocated for browsing.
- Monitors the time devoted to individual documents.
- Saves the average time of the beginning and ending of work on the computer.
- Measures the working time by particular categories
- Records the time spent away from a computer – detects when the employee ceased to be active and for how long it lasted.
TimeCamp helps to reduce distractions:
- Splits activities into productive ones (those that assist in the implementation of tasks and cooperation of the team), and unproductive (shopping, entertainment, social networking).
- It helps to identify the distracting activities and time thieves.
- Generates reports for any period of work – individual and collective – and enables their analysis.
- Monitors work, team effectiveness and contribution of each individual to the final results.
- It allows set the time for the break, as well as the private time for the employees.
TimeCamp also has additional features:
- Integration with card readers.
- Export data to Excel.
- Freeform in defining the schedule hours, in which the working time is being measured. Activities performed in the remaining hours will not be counted.
Benefits of using TimeCamp
For the employees:
- Full control and better utilization of their working hours.
- Analysis of their activity at work, including the time-consumption of the individual tasks
- Identification and control of distractions
- Improved focus on the work
- Increased self-discipline
- Motivation to work more efficiently
- Planning the working time with more precision thanks to the analysis of previously performed tasks
- Provided data give means to assess the superiors’ involvement in the work.
- Full integration with the ERP system such as enova 365 to measure the operating time on a given module or specific base.
For the managers:
- Monitoring staff activity – the time used for particular applications, documents, and tasks – in real time and on the basis of reports.
- Reports on the employee productivity.
- Management of the private time – TimeCamp allows setting a free time for the private activities of employees. As a result, in the remaining working time, they can properly focus on the designated tasks.
- Monitoring the employees at fixed hours – counting up the remote working time or the flexible working time.
- Efficient management of objectives and a more effective division of tasks between the employees – based on the activity reports TimeCamp allows employees to set more realistic goals and accurately estimate the time needed to complete them depending on individual habits and predispositions.
- The real and fair assessment of the effectiveness and diligence at work – the possibility to reward the best employees.
- Better use of human resources – competencies of individual employees and teams.
- Transparent statistics of workers’ presence – TimeCamp records the total operation time from the moment the computer is turned on until it is turned off.
- Support for the personnel department and company management in the records of holidays, sick leaves and delegations.
- Integration with card readers – tracks the presence at work and compares the time an employee entered the company with the time when the computer was turned on. It shows how much time passes before the employees begin performing their tasks.
- Comparison of employees’ working time – the program monitors the productivity at work, providing the incentive for motivational remuneration.
- The timesheets – TimeCamp records the time spent on defined tasks – automatically or on the basis of manually entered data.
- Presentation of working time in the form of a graphical calendar – allows assessing which project required a major expenditure of time.
- Easy minuting of the projects – based on the recorded computer activity.
- Automatic time setting – on the basis of defined keywords for projects and tasks.
- Reports on the time working for clients with a detailed description of activities – to the registered time just add a precise description of the activities undertaken.
- Mapping the structure of customers, projects, and tasks – you add projects in TimeCamp and assign categories of tasks to them. This is particularly important in the case of long-term projects.
- Easy budgeting of hours in projects – budgeting function lets you estimate how much time the implementation of individual projects will take, and thus effectively plan the use of human resources and make a valuation of future similar projects.
- Integration with popular project management software such as Trello, Basecamp, Podio, Pivotal Tracker, Wunderlist, Jira.
- Self-discipline in the use of working time – thanks to TimeCamp employees reduce undesirable behaviors and focus more on their work and the team.
- The ability to identify and minimize the undesirable behaviors – software allows you to identify the causes that lead to wasting time. As a result, employees can reduce the distracting activities and eliminate them. This transfers the responsibility from managers to employees.
- Reports from the productivity of individual employees and teams.
- Registration of the remote work – records over time and monitors the activity of people working in the home-office model.
- Minimizing the network overloading – by limiting the use of a computer for private purposes.
Respect for privacy
- Non-interference in the privacy of workers – TimeCamp collects only statistical data essential to assess the effectiveness of the work. It works non-invasively – capturing only the occurrence of specific activities and their duration, according to the law and without infringing the goods of employees.
- Transparency – application icon appears in the system tray, and the results of analyses are available for the employees.
- No restrictions – the program does not restrict access to the Internet, but it helps to use it effectively while performing official duties.
- Availability of analyses – users have access to their statistics, which makes them realize the importance of focusing on the productive activities. They become fully aware of the efficiency of their work, so they can optimize their behavior.
- Psychology in action – motivation for employees – the installation of TimeCamp alone results in employees spending about 30 more minutes a day on activities related to their work.
Specific financial benefits
Implementation of TimeCamp can increase the time devoted to effective work by at least 30 minutes per day per employee. The company employs 100 people at computer stations, this means more than $105.000 savings per year.
Employees: 100 people
The cost of one hour of work – $10
Reducing unproductive activity – 30 minutes a day / employee
The year is approx. 210 days working
210 days x 0.5 hours x 100 workers x $10 = $105000