Time Tracking Software for Contractors
When thinking about a project and team management, some people don’t realize that in certain professions there is a much bigger picture. In project management as we know it, it’s quite simple. You receive the project and your job is to deliver it on time. However, there are businesses in which traditional approach to project management may not work out. That’s the case with contractors.
Contractors are people who deal with more practical side of project management than monitoring processes of the project. They very often work in areas such as architecture, construction, banking, civil engineering, or IT. Fields which make the daily life of other people better. But they tend to be forgotten and their work is of a great value since they work hard to improve our living conditions.
Contractors have to deal with many difficult aspects of work which include variety of tasks. They have to involve in business consulting, accounting, complying with local or federal permits, or controlling the means by which the work is performed. All these tasks involve a lot of work.
If you are a contractor looking for the ideal time tracking software, you are in the right place. Today, we present the list of top 10 time tracking software for contractors:
Either working solo or with a team, TimeCamp is a fantastic time tracking software for contractors. The tool combines features of time tracking and project management software which will work wonders for your company.
Take a look at this short list to see how TimeCamp helps in contractor’s work:
- Because accounting is of great importance in contractor’s work, you can easily bill your clients based on billable hours, tasks, or projects.
- Accounting is also about invoicing. TimeCamp has a feature of creating invoices based on the reports and sending them right away to your clients.
- Automatic time tracking with desktop app saves your time. You don’t have to switch between different tasks. The app follows your activities.
- Extensive and detailed reports inform you about your activities and show those productive and unproductive.
- GPS tracking feature
- TimeCamp allows you to easily track and analyze your or your team’s absences, sick leaves, or holidays. This feature is crucial when it comes to payoff and taxes.
- Powerful integrations enhance your work with other tools and apps.
- The tool is available for all platforms and as a mobile app.
TimeCamp’s features take away the pain of dealing with financial issues as well as help you allocate resources. And if you’re working alone, the software gives you a detailed insight into your individual work.
Register for free today and turn your contracting into professional services with TimeCamp!
TSheets was created with contractors in mind. TSheets focuses on logistic issues of contracting. So if you employ people seasonally or occasionally, and work mostly in the field, this tool will meet your expectations.
First of all, it automatically tracks time for your employees so they don’t have to carry all the timesheets with them wherever they go. TSheet’s time tracking saves all the data in the form of electronic timesheets and you can easily access them from anywhere. The software has a mobile app for iPhone and Android and the build in GPS automatically tracks employees’ location. Whenever they clock in and out, you see that information in timesheets. Moreover, with this time tracking tool you can be sure that you comply with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), especially important when working on government contracts.
If you’re working as a contractor on strictly internal projects, for example, creating website or content for your client, Harvest may be the right tool for you. It is simple and if you need to predict future forecasts, you will find it helpful. Here’s how it can help in work of contractors:
- Tracking time in this tool tracks not only time but expenses, clients, projects, and tasks.
- The timesheets in the visual form help you understand your team’s work and see how much time they spend on different tasks. You see how much, when, and on what projects people are working. You always have their work under control.
- With extensive reports, you get information on every single aspect of your project: time spent, budget, progress, time left to a deadline, etc.
- Harvest allows you to integrate with Xero or QuickBooks to create invoices and quickly send them to your clients. This feature makes accounting easier.
ESub construction software will be your perfect match if you work as a subcontractor and need a good project management tool which will also track your time. Especially if you’re working with people. The software may not be suitable for individuals as much as for larger organizations.
As in any other project management software, you can track the time and progress of your projects. Aditionally, ESub enables you to easily enter data, site events, labor activities, material costs, workforce information and more into a fully searchable database updated in real-time. Thus, it is a perfect time tracking software for contractors who work on the construction site, in the electrical, mechanical, or similar industries. eSub helps you oversee the processes in delivering your services and is your right hand in handling all the paperwork.
As a contractor, you may be looking for a time tracking software which will help you manage budget. Its aim is to serve as an accounting tool so you can monitor time spent on work and certain projects, organize expenses, create professionally looking invoices, collaborate on projects, but also get paid faster and understand all financial aspects of your work.
Again, in terms of financial issues and taxes, such time tracking software for contractors is remarkably helpful.
This tool will be suitable for those who need to take care of the more theoretical side of the business. Here’s how Teamwork helps contractors in organizing work and the company’s culture:
- The feature of project management helps in monitoring every aspect of the project: project categories, dates, activity overview, project roles, features, observers, reports, integrations, etc.
- The same goes for tasks: task list, subtasks, charts, progress, due dates, and many more.
- You can observe milestones.
- You can attach files and work on them.
- The tool has a feature of time tracking with possibility to adjust it to your needs.
- You can create notebooks and invoices.
Thus, if you are looking for a tool which would help you in controlling the smallest details in projects and control people’s work, you should try teamwork. However, it is most effective when you work with teams.
ClickTime will work perfectly if you’re struggling with controlling schedule and keeping updates on work regularly. The software helps you in creating automatic timesheets and manage people, their performance, work, and how it’s done.
The tool was tailored to businesses offering professional services, which makes it a great time tracking software for contractors working within and with larger organizations or specializing in engineering, architecture, government issues, or any other related fields.
This cloud-based software is a good tool for improving communication between your team and stakeholders and to better understand their needs. It provides a detailed analysis of ongoing projects and provides information on all aspects of the project such as sued and forecasted budget, expenses, project’s stage, deadlines.
Similarly to ClickTime, Accelo works best for larger organizations who work with many clients. With the feature of time tracking, the tool helps you to focus on the most important aspects of your work while automatizing processes of your business.
We haven’t mentioned remote teams, yet! Some contractors prefer to work as freelancers and team up with other freelancers. TimeDoctor is a great solution for such teams.
TimeDoctor has a useful feature of screenshots – you can quickly find out what people are actually doing during their work. It can be useful since when working remotely, you cannot see what your team is working on. The tool monitors website and application usage, keyboard and mouse activity, and task and project time logging. It also has web-based reporting and monitors work in the real-time.
This tool is “a flexible, feature-filled, and stable platform to build upon for your specific business needs. Most importantly, our regular release cycle provides useful updates to the community on a regular basis.” Thus, if you need a software which will assist you in creating your own brand, web2project may solve your problems. Here are its main features:
- It has a secure web-based infrastructure capable of managing any number of projects, companies, departments, and users.
- Web2project is of great help when it comes to assessing and solving risks related to projects.
- It has a role-based permission system which gives the Project Manager fine-grained control over sensitive data.
- Project and group-wide Gantt Charts.
- A unified calendar – with iCalendar support – showing all relevant tasks and events.
- A modular infrastructure which allows the addition or removal of modules to customize the features according to your requirements.
Web2roject is free and can be used by anyone as it can be easily adjusted to personal needs.