- September 20, 2019
- by Kate Kurzawska
- No comments
GPS tracker for employees is gaining popularity in various industries. Whether used as an integral part of project management software or a separate app, GPS tracker for employees helps to monitor staff’s location and automate attendance-related processes. If you don’t know which software tracker to choose, check out our short and comprehensive list of the best GPS trackers for employees.
Why Use GPS Tracker for Employees?
Using GPS tracker for employees is becoming more common practice for many businesses. It’s an effective way of monitoring employees work. Especially, when it comes to fleet management, remote workers or employees who travel on a regular basis. There are plenty of reasons and benefits to using GPS tracker for employees but the most common include the following:
- Increased productivity – GPS tracking allows to properly plan routes, observe traffic and changes on the roads in the real-time, and faster deliver employees’ work or meet with clients
- Work automation – GPS tracking software automatically generates reports and all the data on employee location, no more manual timesheets filling!
- Transparency -tracking location with GPS allows everyone on the team have the insight into each other’s work and know projects’ status
- Proof of work both for the employer and the client in the form of real-time reports and timesheets
GPS tracker for employees helps to eliminate paperwork, improve workflow and project management.
Don’t waste anymore time and check out our list of the best GPS trackers for employees!
TimeCamp is one of the most advanced time tracking software on the market. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you save time and money, it’s the right choice!
TimeCamp allows you to track your employees work to improve workflow, communication, and collaboration in your team. Its automatic tracking features make it a great centralized system for project management. It has all the necessary components you need to always stay on top of work and be ahead of your competitors!
- Automatic time tracking in the real-time with comprehensive and detailed reports
- Accurate timesheets to know when and how your employees work
- Monitoring employee activities by categories, including app and website tracking
- Monitoring productive and unproductive activities
- Tracking time by tasks and projects to know what your employees are working on and what’s the projects’ state
- Attendance management to keep track of vacations, leaves, absences, and more
- Budget monitoring
- Attendance tracking
- GPS – NEW feature!
- Integrations with the most popular software for project management, accounting, CRM, productivity, and more!
- Solo – free for a single user
- Basic – $5.25 per user (billed annually)
- Pro – $7.50 per user (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
[SEOINS][SEOINS_CONTENT]So excited to inform GPS tracking in TimeCamp has been launched! A complete time tracking software waits to help you skyrocket your team’s productivity, sign up for a 14-day free trial and try it out![/SEOINS_CONTENT][SEOINS_ICON] icon-compass [/SEOINS_ICON][/SEOINS]
ClockShark is a robust GPS tracker for employee working in every type of business. It’s suitable for individuals, small and large teams, freelancers, remote workers and everyone who wants to keep track of their work. The software comes with a variety of features which help not only to keep track of employee location but allow the staff to keep a record of their work and schedule jobs.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking with timesheet approvals
- Scheduling with the drag-and-drop feature
- Web punch clock which allows you to conveniently clock-in and out of your job
- Kiosk time with facial recognition
- Advanced job costing controls
- Third-party integrations with the most popular software: QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Run Powered by ADP, ADP Workforce Now, Xero, Sage 100 Contractor and Zapier
- Basic – $3/mo per person +$15/mo base fee
- Standard – $5/mo per person +$25/mo base fee
- Pro – $8/mo per person +$45/mo base fee
Includes 14-day trial with all Pro features
Mitrefinch is time and attendance software that helps to keep transparency in the workflow. The process of implementation is tailored to your organization’s needs. A customized, in-depth consultation helps you identify exactly what you need the software to do. It’s a fantastic solution for managers and employees who need a very specific, personalized software.
- GPS tracking
- Time tracking
- Leave management
- Attendance tracking
- Advanced employee scheduling
- Clocking with different options – web-based clocking, biometric time clock, text alert clocking, land-line clocking, mobile clocking, and desktop reader
- FMLA tracking
Custom pricing depending on your needs
ExakTime is the best GPS tracker for employees who work in the field. It’s a web-based solution allowing you to eliminate tedious and time consuming manual timesheet filling. The software automates the work, helps to manage attendance, and schedule workflow. It’s simple in use and goes with a variety of helpful features.
- GPS tracking with geofence
- Portable time clocks- rugged time clock
- Online and offline automatic time tracking
- Ability to connect ExakTime to your favorite payroll system, such as Quickbooks, Sage, and many other tools
- Powerful GPS Touch Detail Report provides a detailed list of who clocked in on or off-site and their exact distance from a designated Geofence
- Photo ID verification
- With Mobile Time Cards, workers can view their total, Regular, Overtime 1 and Overtime 2 hours for the week in addition to daily totals
- Equipment tracking (tools, materials, etc.)
Free 30-day trial
- Not provided by the vendor
This GPS tracker for employees is a remote monitoring and safety solution for lone workers. If you care about your employees and are concerned about their safety, Aware360 is the right choice. The tool is particularly helpful and different from all typical GPS app as it helps to early identify and notify of risks and events to a trusted response center.
- Real-time data
- Agile API – you can connect your favorite app to Aware360 and build custom integrations
- Online and offline tracking
- “Neighbor-helping-neighbour” feature identifies others in the area who might help, whether or not they work at the same company
- Monitors in-case of accidents or emergency, giving employers tools to manage their traveling workforce
- provides the latest wearable technology to action a specific response should a health concern arise
Not provided by vendor
Spyzie is a user-friendly GPS tracker for employees. It is a professional monitoring solution provider specializing in tracking and monitoring tools for smartphone users. It’s a simple software but has many practical features. With Spyzie you will be able to monitor employee or your current location and their phone activity.
The great thing is that you can use Spyzie not only for business but also for personal needs. It’s also designed to protect kids from online threats and make sure they are always in safe places.
- GPS location and Geofencing
- Tracking the Target`s locations via Wi-Fi hotspots
- Apps activity
- Monitoring phone calls
- Monitoring communication apps
- Supports iOS and Android, available on the Cloud
- iOS – $39.99/month
- Android – Premium Edition (With Restricted Functionality) starts from $29.99. Ultimate Edition (With Full Functionality) starts from $39.99/month
Husbtaff is a time tracking software, but it’s also a good GPS tracker for employees. It’s a fantastic tool to monitor productivity and overall activities at work. It’s a simple solution with many useful features. It can help you understand how you and your employees work as well as automate small activities related to paperwork.
- One-click time tracking in the real-time
- Reports and timesheets with approvals
- GPS tracking with Geofence
- Timeclock apps available as iOS, Android, Mac, Linux or Windows apps
- Setting up different pay rates
- Employee attendance tracker and staff scheduler
- Desktop app
Free – 1 User
Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
Premium – 1 User – $10/ month
Boomr is a perfect solution if you need a timesheet and workforce management app in one. You can track time, manage payroll and workforce. These three components make Boomr the best GPS tracker for employees who want to keep a record of their work. It provides you with all the necessary information on employee’s work without the need of using three different apps.
- Geo-stamped timekeeping
- Built-in team messaging and communication
- Timesheet payroll
- Overtime tracking
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Integrations with payroll and accounting tools: Freshbooks, Quickbooks, Xero, Paycheck, Sage, BabmbooHr, Namely, and others
- Compliance with federal & state labor laws
- 1-month free trial
- Standard – $5/Month Per User + $20 BASE FEE
- Business – $9/Month Per User + $45 BASE FEE
It’s worth to mention that GPS tracker for employees is helpful in keeping an eye on your employee. And not, as it may seem, to spy on your team but to keep them safe. No matter which software you decide to choose, remember that it will help you protect them and increase productivity and transparency at the same time.
What are your thoughts on GPS trackers for employees? Do you have your favorite app? Let us know in the comments section!