- September 30, 2020
- by Kate Borucka
- 2 comments
Team chat software allows all team members to communicate and collaborate easily. There’s no doubt about that. But what about support teams who need to stay in touch with each other and with clients continually? It’s more challenging and requires a specific tool – live chat software.
Table of Contents
Which Live Chat Software Is Best For Support Teams?
Interacting with people is the most important part of the sales team operations. But the way prospects want to get in touch with companies has changed over the last decade. According to Kayako’s report, 51% of consumers are more likely to stay with or buy again from a company if it offers live chat support.
And because of the changing trends and moods, it’s essential to have the right tools. Team members may have different roles so it’s necessary to address all aspects of the sales process as well as different duties.
With good live chat software, people on the sales team are always updated, know what’s happening, and are aware of customer problems, issues, opinions, and requirements. Live Chat Outsourcing has become also more popular recently.
So what to look for? It all depends on your needs, but to help you choose the best app, here’s what it’s worth to look for:
- Ease of use: look for an intuitive solution that cuts the workload rather than adds to it. A transparent live chat app makes it easier to work and helps to automate sales processes
- Chatbots: it’s a good feature to look for if queries often repeat and are similar, and your team can’t respond to them instantly. Chatbots are gaining more and more popularity and are getting more advanced
- Collaboration feature: allows you to stay connected with the team and quickly resolve issues
- Free trial: to test the software before you decide to pay for it, especially, that every live chat has different functionalities
- CRM database: to have all the necessary information about prospects at hand
- Integrations: these will allow your team to work smoothly even if they use several apps for work
For instance, take a look at how Joy Organics‘s chatbot engages with their website visitors by sharing news and information as well as giving them an option to search for a phrase from their articles.
Try to look for the tool that will be most suitable for your team, their needs, and workflow. And if you’re not sure which app to choose, here’s the list of the best live chat software for support teams.
Best for: teams looking for an all-in-one customer service platform
LiveChat is one of the most popular and best live chat software to communicate with website visitors. It offers software solutions to manage business communications, generate leads, and sell online. It allows companies to stay in touch with their customers anytime and anywhere. The product suite consists of LiveChat, ChatBot, HelpDesk, and KnowledgeBase.
LiveChat offers rich features for chat, customer engagement, customization, reports and analytics, APIs, ticketing system, sales and e-commerce, messaging channels, and team management. You can freely integrate the app with other tools. Additionally, all your data is safely stored and secured.
Available on: desktop, mobile, and web
Pricing: Free 14-day trial available. Pricing starts from $16/month per agent billed annually or $19 month-to-month
Best for: app for teams who need a fully-featured CRM platform with integrated live chat
Live chat from HubSpot is a part of HubSpot CRM. It allows you to chat with visitors, prospects, and customers in real-time. It helps to personalize chat so you can have a more engaging conversation with people.
There’s a chatbot builder that makes it easy to scale communication, and all conversations are automatically stored so everyone on your team can easily access them.
Since HubSpot Live Chat is fully synced with other CRM functionalities, you have easy access to all data about the contacts, can add deals to your CRM with a single click, assign tasks to push deals forward, and track progress in your dashboards. You can also build a library with templates based on the most used sales emails. Take notes, send an email, make calls, schedule follow-up tasks, create support tickets, and more, all from the inbox.
Pricing: HubSpot Live Chat is free or you can upgrade for more functionalities, pricing starts at $50
Available on Web
Best for: teams who look for a lightweight live chat software with basic functionalities to automate processes
Chaport is an easy-in-use and simple chat app. It can help you quickly and easily communicate with the visitors of your website. But don’t get discouraged by its simplicity! Chaport offers many smallish functionalities that can improve team communication as well as relationships with customers.
You can view your colleagues’ chat history, use saved replies, read customer messages even before they are sent to respond faster. Also, you can customize the widget, share files and images with your visitors, view real-time reports about chats, create a group chat, or send automatic chat invitations to visitors based on specified rules.
It’s a convenient live chat software for business of any type that wants to optimize and automate work.
Pricing: Chaport is free unless you want to get more advanced features. For the Pro subscription, you need to pay$9.80 per operator/month
Available on iOS, Android, Web, Windows, MacOS and instantly synchronizes between all devices
Best for: friendly and casual customer service and customer support
Intercom is a widely used live chat tool among sales teams. It’s a Conversational Relationship Platform (CRP). It is aimed at helping businesses build better customer relationships through personalized, messenger-based experiences.
If you’re a fan of friendly, conversational chat, Intercom is the right fit for your team. It’s a live chat software with all the features necessary to scale up your business. You can share screen, start a voice and video call, book meetings, or customize the Messenger to match your brand and configure unique settings for web, iOS, and Android.
It enhances collaboration in your team in several ways:
- It automatically assigns sales inquiries and support requests to the right teams and individual teammates
- People on the team can easily collaborate thanks to one inbox
- See in-depth information about who people are chatting with along the conversation
- Intercom offers customizable chatbots to improve team efficiency
- Your sales team can also monitor performance statistics and funnel metrics
And for the demanding, there are integrations with 200+ pre-built apps. Intercom allows you to have a single tool to sell and support customers through every step of the funnel.
Pricing: Intercom offers a free 14-day trial. Paid plans start from $87 per month
Available on: Web, mobile (iOS, Android).
Best for: teams looking for a practical help desk software with live chat
Zendesk is a support, sales, and customer engagement platform. It’s an integrated system for professional customer service. Zendesk live chat comes as a part of the software and in combination with other modules, helps to create a customer-oriented CRM system.
The live chat allows your customers and website visitors to quickly and effectively connect with your agents. It lets you proactively engage customers during the buying process with its rich features like:
- Having your visitors use forms so they can leave their contact information
- Visitor tracking to follow their buying process
- Chat rating to assess customer support
- Sharing any type of files
- Using chatbots for faster communication
- Monitoring and analyzing data and conversion rate in real-time
- Customizing the chat widget
- Sending targeted and behavior-based messages to customers with canned responses
When using Zendesk, agents can switch between serving chats, phone calls, emails, or social media messages, and handle multiple chats at once.
Additionally, your team can manage workflow with chat routing, by adding tags to chats, organizing and creating a work schedule, or specify granular permissions for agents. It’s a robust chat software with powerful features that can work as a task management software for your support team.
Pricing: Free trial available, pricing starts from $5per agent per month
Available on: Web, mobile (Android, iOS)
Best for: people who are looking for an AI-assisted live chat with all necessary features
Tidio is a free live chat software that allows you to reply to customers in seconds via live chat, email, and Messenger. All messages are accessible in one simple dashboard.
Tidio has three integrated products within which you can do different things but still have a unified system for customer service:
- Live Chat: here you can customize the chat widget to match your brand, see who browses your site, quickly answer people’s questions, monitor results, and check where your visitors come from
- Chatbots: you can use a chatbot in many ways–help to engage your website visitors in a conversational way, welcome new visitors or reach out to them before they leave your website, welcome returning visitors, offer discounts to prevent abandoned carts, let people order a phone call, show people you’re not available, or create your custom bot
- Email marketing: a tool for email automation. This module allows you to create campaigns and send professional-looking emails
Used together, the tools help you grow your audience, customer base and improve customer support.
Additionally, you can integrate Tidio with a wide variety of third-party apps.
Pricing: Free 7-day trial. The free version has limited features Paid plans with more advanced functionalities start from 18€/month.
Available on: Web, desktop, mobile
Best for: large teams who are looking for an advanced 360-degree solution with granular features
LifeHelpNow is a live chat suite helpful not only in customer support but also in the agents’ work. It’s a fully-featured solution for analyzing visitor behavior and improving the whole sales lifecycle.
Here are the main features of LifeHelpNow live chat software:
- You can use it via different channels, for example, on your website, Facebook page, or SMS text
- Ability to collect order information right in the chat
- HIPAA and PCI compliant live chat system
- You can analyze your clients’ wants and needs with an easy-to-digest analytics platform with built-in reporting
- Create customizable post-chat surveys for team improvement
- Call center dashboards show where your customer service agents excel and where they need to improve
- Requests can be translated to other languages in real-time
- Integrations with other apps or via APIFrom your LiveHelpNow help desk console, you can create tags with colors and associate keywords to them
- Canned responses help to answer questions with the brand’s uniform language
LifeHelpNow has so many interesting features, that your team can use it flexibly and adjust to the needs and workflow.
Pricing: Pricing starts at $18.70/month with an annual subscription
Available on: Web, also compatible with iOS and Android
Best for: best free live chat software with rich features for every type of business
Tawk is one of the best live chat software available for free. It has many granular functionalities that let your team flexibly monitor and chat with the visitors on your website. It’s an intuitive and easy to use live chat.
Tawk offers a user-friendly solution for non-tech savvy people who want to simply and quickly connect with customers. Although it’s a straightforward live chat software, it’s feature-packed and fully customizable.
It’s a one hub for customer service with several integrated modules–Live Chat, Ticketing, Knowledge Base, and Team Chat. Additionally, you can use the Chat Pages functionality that are landing pages that let you turn links into conversations.
Pricing: Tawk is 100% free and then just $1/hr if you need professionally trained, native speaking chat agents to help you answer your chats
Available on: Web, for Windows, macOS, and as mobile apps for iOS and Android
Best for: Small businesses, entrepreneurs, marketers, and anyone who wants to improve their sales. Especially teams that use Slack or Microsoft Teams.
If in your team you use Microsoft Teams or Slack, this live chat software will be a perfect fit. Social Intents is often ignored but it’s one of the best live chat software because it allows your team to talk to your website visitors from the chat tool your team already uses.
Social Intents is not only a live chat tool but also a helpful email marketing software. Except for chats that your team can have directly in Slack or Microsoft Teams, you can use it to catch customers attention before they leave your website with conversion pop-ups in the form of full-screen overlays that will help you gather information necessary to gain a new customer, establish a good relationship, and get feedback to reduce visitor abandonment.
To help your team collaborate, you can map each chat widget to a separate team or allow multiple teammates to join a single chat.
The live chat software from Social Intents is optimized for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers. Also, integrations with Slack, WordPress, Shopify, Bigcommerce, Wix, MailChimp, Zapier, and many more are available.
Pricing: A 14-Day free pro trial available. Paid plans start at $29 per month.
Available on: Web, Live Chat available for mobile on any of the apps you integrate the tool with
Best for: improving sales and support processes with a different type of data and automated processes
Olark is a user-friendly live chat software that provides the best service for your customers by seeing what is really important instantly and showing where to take action.
Team management features will help manage workflow and improve communication with clients.
Here are Olark’s main features:
- Customizable chat widget
- The main chat console makes it easy to have conversations, keeps all the data about your work, all the clients, people you talked to, see your team, contact record about person visitor, and insights into chats
- The dashboard is your command center for customization
- Olark saves your chat conversations and transcripts, which you can review, search, and sort at any time
- Detailed real-time reporting to help you identify your busiest chat times and most effective agents – helpful in allocating work to agents; you can also set a limit on the number of chats your agents can be in at one time
- Olark’s post-chat surveys let customers rate their chat experience when a conversation ends
- The Pre-Chat Survey feature – you can require that before visitors initiate a chat, they should provide their name, email, or phone number, and/or fill out a small text field
- Olark live chat software integrates with many different apps like CRM tools, marketing automation platforms, help desks, team communication, and more, or you can create custom integrations
- Canned responses help to optimize work
- Targeted Chat Rules allow you to send automated messages based on visitor behavior, e.g., based on location, browser history, PPC ad campaign, and more
- Team management features – build your team and monitor their availability, create different teams for different sites, lock chats to specific groups
Olark is definitely one of the best live chat software for demanding teams.
Pricing: 2-week free trial available, pricing starts at $19 per agent per month when billed monthly
Available on: Web
Best for: teams that need a robust live chat solution for automation with reporting and analytics
User.com is a single workspace providing you with tools for marketing, sales, management, and support teams which makes it a great platform for team collaboration.
It has many features with granular and powerful functionalities:
- Website Visitor Tracking: you can flexibly track website visitors, see user journey through your website, and access the necessary information about them
- Live Chat: you can customize the chat widget to make it more appealing, collect email addresses, create a library of default replies, set automatic rules, add notes, assign users to specialized support divisions, and more
- Email: use it to gain more leads by reaching out to customers with different types of emails
- Automation with Triggers, Conditions, and Actions to customize the automation rules according to your needs
- CRM: have all your customer data in one place and manage deals and pipelines
- Analytics: with all the reports, statistics, and data on sales and deals
- Call Centre: to reach clients via phone
User.com is a combination of a CRM software with live chat support service for demanding. Use it to maintain proactive chat with customers and progressively improve customer experience.
Pricing: 14-day free trial of the Business plan with all features is available. The Free plan is available for up to 2 000 contacts and the set of basic features with limited options. Pricing starts from $49 per month.
Available on: Web, or there’s the native mobile SDK for iOS and Android.
Best for: self-service solution for customer support and team collaboration
Freshdesk is a fully customizable live chat that allows your agents not only to chat with customers but also to collaborate with other team members.
Collaboration features can help teams work efficiently to provide better support experiences for the customer. Agents can loop in teammates for discussions right inside tickets and can retain visibility into tickets even if another team is currently working on it. Teams can also split the tasks involved and work on them in parallel.
Freshdesk has plenty of functionalities and options you can explore to improve user experience.
Here’s what else you can find in the tool:
- Ticketing to categorize and assign tickets so you never lose track of them
- Omnichannel support
- Built-in features like ticket dispatch, event- or time-triggered automation to automate processes
- Knowledge base and forums for customer self-service
- Metrics for performance analytics
It is a powerful live chat and support software that will make it easy as pie to skyrocket customer satisfaction.
Pricing: Helpdesk module is free for unlimited agents but with limited features. Pricing starts at $19 per agent per month, billed monthly. The Omnichannel module starts at $99 per agent per month.
Available on: Web, mobile apps (iOS, Android)
Check out Freshdesk time tracking integration!
Best as a WordPress plugin
WSChat – WordPress Live Chat Plugin is a handy and lightweight plugin that offers advanced features to improve your customers’ chatting experience. Unlike other SaaS-based live chat plugins, it works completely within your WordPress environment with no external dependency. It ensures security and privacy by providing full control over your data, and the data can be managed only by the store owner, as it is served in your server exclusively. This robust plugin offers various chat widget customization options to make it fit on your website theme.
AI integration using Dialogflow by Google helps to trigger automated responses for the customers’ queries right after they initiate a conversation. Easy monitoring and tracking of active visitors on your website will help to reach the customers from your side and initiate presale queries.
You can customize the chat header area, which has several options for attaching a file, sending the conversation history to an entered email ID, recording and sending videos, notifying the customer satisfaction with the like and dislike buttons, etc. If you are already using WSDesk – WordPress Helpdesk & Customer Support Ticket System Plugin for your customer support, you can easily integrate it for importing the agents, converting customer queries into tickets, and much more.
DelightChat is a customer support tool built for Shopify brands to deliver out-of-the-box customer service.
It helps you manage all your support conversations from a single screen – be it with customers or with your team members!
All DelightChat plans support unlimited team members and unlimited brands under one account.
That makes it a super-affordable Shopify customer support tool that scales with your business while keeping your costs at a minimum.
- All support channels – WhatsApp, Email, Facebook and Instagram comments, Messenger, Instagram DMs and Live Chat on a single screen
- Automate repetitive tasks like tagging and assigning tickets, out of business replies, and more with Automations
- Auto-respond and send personalized replies to customers instantly
- Customizable Live chat and self-serve widget built-in
- Priced up to 90% lower than competitors to save you money on support
If you operate a Shopify store, you should try DelightChat for your customer support
To Sum It Up
With suitable live chat tools, you can exceed your customers’ expectations, provide professional support, and gain more customers.
Statistics show that chatters are 85% more likely to convert into customers. Get with the times and implement a live chat software for your sales team. And make sure to choose the tool that meets your business and team’s needs, and has all the necessary features. Every live chat software is different
What do you think is the best live chat software? Let us know in the comments!
Happy live chatting! 💬