How To Become a Project Manager With Online Courses?
In today’s modernized world you can become anyone without even leaving your house. The internet offers a wide range of online courses on different topics. And a Project Manager is one of them. Thus, all you have to do to become a Project Manager is to find the best course for yourself and enroll. They vary on the level of advance, from those for beginners to those for professional Project Managers with long work history. Today, TimeCamp prepared a list of 5 best Project Manager online courses which give you special certifications to do the job. Our list encloses the pros and cons of each and every course and pick the one most suitable for you.
1. PMI (Project Management Institute)
Project Management Institute offers a wide range of certifications for Project Managers. However, these courses are aimed mostly at managers with larger experience, already working in the field. So if you’re a beginner in the area, you may find these project manager courses difficult. On the bright side, they are widely approved, especially in the United States of America and may be the key for opening the door to a great career.
The great advantage is the fact that Project Management Institute is not only a source of certificates but also a community. It provides a space for Managers of all ages to exchange ideas and share experience. Moreover, you can volunteer for local projects and contribute to creating a strong team of Managers. And you can choose from “450,000 Global Members and over 280 Local Chapters Internationally.”
- a wide range of certificates available, each concentrating on different areas of expertise:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- professional training;
- access to tools and templates, extra materials – you can buy everything in the store
- being part of a large community of Project Managers with whom you can always communicate;
- certificates accepted worldwide;
- events on the topic of project management;
- the possibility of getting a job at PMI.
- price – if you’re looking for a cheap and easy way to get certified as a Project Manager be prepared to invest in yourself;
- time. It’s another thing you will need to invest in the training.
PMI is one of the most popular organizations offering project manager degree online, thus, we give it no.1 on our list.
BrainSensei is a platform offering free and comprehensive courses which help to prepare for the exam for Project Manager. With its samurai story, interactive content and many helpful questions, the course is a great way to get qualifications for the job and obtain all certificates needed. The course has different modules and they’re always accessible.
- price – a complete PMP Exam Prep Course is $399.99 – that’s not much as for a professional training offered online;
- divided into 6 comprehensible modules:
- Module One: Project Management Overview,
- Module Two: Initiating a Project,
- Module Three: Planning a Project,
- Module Four: Executing a Project,
- Module Five: Monitoring and Controlling a Project,
- Module Six: Closing a Project.
- contact hours. BrainSensei is a Registered Education Provider (REP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). For this reason, the required contact hours will be provided.
- questions and quizzes to practice;
- personal instructor (Sensei)
- the use of animated story for teaching. It’s a great way to teach not only children but also adults. The interactive storytelling makes it easier and more fun to learn the basics of being a project manager.
- not mobile friendly works only for iOS.
Testimonials: among people who decided to take those courses are, among others, Jeff Adams, an American footballer currently working as a free agent, and Bill Smith, Canadian businessman and politician.
Coursera is a website on which you can find a really large amount of courses, not only on the Project Management but learning languages, programming, etc. You may choose the course that’s most suitable for your needs as a Project Manager. Similarly to BrainSensei, it works under the Project Management Institute and as so it provides a high standard.
- different options of courses and certificates,
- professional level,
- guarantee of pass,
- diploma accepted worldwide;
- price: $49 for each course, or $196 for the entire specialization.
- very simple, you won’t have to put much effort into it as it provides only basics concerning Project Management.
Master of Project Academy exists since 2012 but already offers a range of online courses for Project Managers. The reviews of students and people participating in the Academy’s courses are positive. The courses cover all the most important aspects and are comprehensible.
- price – only $99 a month. However, some courses are free.
- time – you can do the course at your own pace without worrying about meeting the deadlines.
- the material you receive includes all the basics and other important aspects necessary for the project manager’s work;
- at the end of the course, you receive a certificate.
- the Academy doesn’t offer as many components as previously mentioned PMI but the courses are the best available online.
PMStudy is another website offering online courses for project managers. It has a high, 97% rate of passing the exam and positive reviews. PMStudy trained employees of such companies as New Balance, Sterling Global Ops, or Cook County Homeland Security.
- availability to choose the level of the course, Plus, Pro, or Edu, depending on the current knowledge;
- price, the courses cost from $25 to $125;
- free trial of the course;
- study guides and material are provided;
- mobile friendly app.
To Sum Up
There are plenty of online courses preparing to be a Project Manager even if you have no experience. Our list presents the 5 best courses which can help you in training and receiving a certificate. So all you have to do is to choose the best option and begin your training. And here’s where TimeCamp comes in handy! Our time tracking software can help you monitor the time you spend on the course or exam. And it’s especially helpful if you already work as a Project Manager. The app can measure the time you need to improve your qualifications and follow your progress. Moreover, TimeCamp can help you manage your team and make sure everything works as planned.
Check out TimeCamp and how it can help you during preparing for the Project Manager Exam. Register HERE today and make your work easier!
Find out more about TimeCamp’s features and how time tracking can help you in becoming the best Project Manager.