What Are The Benefits of Using Employee GPS Tracking Apps?
Every employer wants their staff to perform on the highest level. Managers collect and analyze all data on employees work for optimum performance and better project delivery, especially when it comes to time. While it’s easy to monitor work hours and activities of employees working in the office, things get more complicated for people whose jobs require often travels. That’s where employee GPS tracking app comes in.
Over the last decade, there have been many shifts in the business world. And one of them includes the way we work. More and more people travel o a regular basis as part of work. No matter the industry. There are many positions which can benefit from employee GPS tracking apps – construction manager working on site, consultant, event coordinator, truck drivers or even employees who have to travel to other cities or countries to finalize projects.
Using employee GPS tracking apps helps both employer and employee and brings benefits in terms of productivity and work systematization:
- planning – it helps to make sure that deliveries or meetings are always on time, especially when the relationship with clients influences the future of the project; it’s important not to lose the client and customers;
- location monitoring – GPS software helps to monitor traffic and potential obstacles on the road which is related to planning – your employee can take an alternative, faster road not to be late;
- reducing expenses – this factor results from planning and location monitoring – it helps to save money spent on fuel, tickets, and other travel-related expenses;
- security for the company – the organization can monitor employees’ actions and be sure they don’t overstate expenditures.
So which app to choose to make sure it helps your business? Here are top 11 employee GPS tracking apps for location tracking, and not only!
TimeCamp is one of the most advanced time tracking software on the market. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you save time and money, it’s the right choice!
TimeCamp allows you to track your employees work to improve workflow, communication, and collaboration in your team. Its automatic tracking features make it a great centralized system for project management. It has all the necessary components you need to always stay on top of work and be ahead of your competitors!
- Automatic time tracking in the real-time with comprehensive and detailed reports
- Accurate timesheets to know when and how your employees work
- Monitoring employee activities by categories, including app and website tracking
- Monitoring productive and unproductive activities
- Tracking time by tasks and projects to know what your employees are working on and what’s the projects’ state
- Attendance management to keep track of vacations, leaves, absences, and more
- Budget monitoring
- Attendance tracking
- GPS feature coming soon!
- Integrations with the most popular software for project management, accounting, CRM, productivity, and more!
- Solo – free for a single user
- Basic – $5.25 per user (billed annually)
- Pro – $7.50 per user (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
TSheets is known mostly as a time tracking software. It provides detailed reports on employees’ activity, regardless of their current location. But TSheets has features which make it a great employee GPS tracking app. It’s suitable for small and large team, for those who often travel as well as for remote workers. With TSheets every manager can monitor employees’ activity and location.
- GPS location tracking – real-time insight into who’s working on what and where
- Real-time coordination – GPS shows which employee is closest to the next job site so you can assign them appropriate tasks
- The mobile app log and updates employee’s location throughout the day
- Convenient time tracking with the mobile app
- Employees can clock in and out in real time and enter their time manually,
- Advanced time tracking features enable your employee to customize time entry for fields, projects, and tasks
- Windows 8 phone
- Free for one user
- $5 per month for 2-99 Users per user + $20 base fee per month
- $5 per month for 100+ Users + $100 base fee per month
Gleeo Time Tracker is a combination of time tracking app with employee GPS tracking app. It allows managers to access all the information about team in one place. It’s intuitive and easy to use.
- One touch time tracking – simple start-/stop-buttons
- Location based time tracking with Automagic Premium app
- The time sheet can be organized over several hierarchical levels
- Exporting data to CSV
- A daily, weekly and monthly data is displayed in an animated timeline
- Location capturing
- web application
- Gleeo Time Tracker for Android – Free
- Sync&Team service $2.50 per user/month
This app is a combination of three: an employee GPS tracker, time tracker, and expense tracker. Its extensive and really fancy features help to automate your work no matter where you are and control every aspect of your job.
- The app uses your location to automatically record time entries
- Use tags to organize entries with a keyword
- Create filters to show or hide jobs and entries based on tags
- HoursTracker sends an alert when a set hours of work for the day is reached
- Free edition
- $5.99 – Personal edition
- $9.99 – Pro Edition
Spyzie is a little spy for mobile devices. Only that its purpose is to help employers and employees. Beside the GPS feature, the app monitors the use of social apps, calls and messages. Spyzie is an app suitable most for people whose work consists mostly of communication and collaboration.
- Route history to track the past locations of the device and the path taken by the user
- Tracking current whereabouts of Android devices to monitor the real-time location of a device to know the exact whereabouts of the targeted user
- Ultimate Edition (With Full Functionality) from $49.99
- Premium Edition (With Restricted Functionality) from $39.99
Timr is a tool suitable for people who need time tracking, project tracking, and location tracking in one. The app provides all features necessary to keep track of all activities necessary to deliver projects on time and on place. Use it if you need to create a centralized system for managing a team.
- Tracking work hours and project time
- Available via browser and mobile app
- Tracking mileage with the GPS
- Centralized admin dashboard
- Customizable reports
- Regular – no base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Plus – € 29/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if payed annually)
- Enterprise – € 79/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if payed annually)
TrackView is best for people who are concerned about their privacy, especially those who work solo or need to keep an eye on their employees. This tool allows you to monitor your office and devices and make sure nothing gets lost. It might not be an actual GPS tracking app, but it gives you the full access to your office and devices whenever you’re on a business trip and need to make sure everything is under control.
- Remote location tracking in real-time
- Remote video and audio monitoring
- Intelligent event detection and instant alert to your selected devices
- Remote video and audio recording
- Integration with Google Gmail account
- Secured access and connection by requiring a secured login using a Gmail username and password. Only devices with the same username and password can access each other. This guarantees that you are the only one who can access your connected devices
- Universal accessibility: Access any of your devices at anywhere, from anywhere, in the world
- Gold (up to 20 devices)- $4.99 per month
- Silver (up to 5 devices) – $1.99 per month
Timesheet Mobile is a great solution for teams working on the move, including physical workers. It allows people to connect via deices despite being in different locations. Managers can use the app to manage and monitor workforce and workflow.
- Geofence time tracking – the easy to use timesheet app sends instant alerts to managers when an employee is away from job site. Punch Prompt geofence technology reminds employees to Punch in/out and prevents timesheet errors.
- Scheduling with drag-and-drop feature
- Timesheet reports
- Team messaging
- Basics Plan – $3.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $14.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 1 – 15 cents per punch + $29.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 2 – $9.95 per employee for unlimited punches + $29.99 company subscription
- Punch Plan 3 – $2.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $149 company subscription
This employee GPS tracking app can be used also individually for your personal safety. But it’s also great for incident management. For teams spread across the world and traveling between numerous locations in particular. It helps to secure all the data but also manage workforce.
- Works in the background with minimal battery usage
- GPS with location monitoring
- Panic alerts
- Geo-fence and country-change alerts
- Workforce management with check-in/check-out function
- some Windows Phones and BlackBerry devices
Setup fee based on server specification and installation requirements plus an annual charge based on the maximum number of concurrent devices
10. Labor Sync
This employee GPS tracking app is suitable for time and attendance management. It helps to keep track of employees hours and their location via mobile devices. Labor Sync helps to optimize processes and save time as well as money in the organization.
- Project management
- Overall employment management
- Customizable reports
- GPS-enabled time tracking, you have accurate reports indicating how long each employee is at a job site and the route
- Real-time GPS tracking – you can always see what your employees are doing at a specific moment
- Field notes and messaging
$10 per month for active employee
Hubstaff is one of the most popular employee GPS tracking apps and time tracking software. So it provides information on location and time related to the work. It’s an intuitive and fancy tool.
- Mobile time tracking to track employee hours in transit and time at the destination
- Location monitoring – tracking through GPS, web-based reports
- Online timesheets
- Team dashboard
- Numerous integrations
- Desktop app
- Free – 1 User
- Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
- Premium – 1 User – $10/ month