An employee tracking system is something many businesses cannot work without. It helps to automate work, save time, and even improve customer service by enabling your team to get faster to clients. So which employee tracking system is the best and how to choose it?
What Is The Best Employee Tracking System?
Before you decide to implement an employee tracking system, you need to answer three important questions:
- Why do you need an employee tracking system?
- What type of employee tracker do you need?
- How will you use it? (Will it be an integral part of complex software or a separate employee tracker/employee tracking app?)
These questions will help you determine which tool will be best both for you and for your employees. You will also understand how it will impact your business and the way people work.
There are numerous tools designed for tracking the location of employees. How to choose the right one? You don’t have to look any further! Take a look at our list of 8 best employee tracking systems to get the right tool for your team.
TimeCamp is one of the most advanced time tracking software on the market. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you save time and money, it’s the right choice!
TimeCamp allows you to track your employees work to improve workflow, communication, and collaboration in your team. Its automatic tracking features make it a great centralized system for project management. It has all the necessary components you need to always stay on top of work and be ahead of your competitors!
- Automatic time tracking in the real-time with comprehensive and detailed reports
- Accurate timesheets to know when and how your employees work
- Monitoring employee activities by categories, including app and website tracking
- Monitoring productive and unproductive activities
- Tracking time by tasks and projects to know what your employees are working on and what’s the projects’ state
- Attendance management to keep track of vacations, leaves, absences, and more
- Budget monitoring
- Attendance tracking
- GPS – NEW feature!
- Integrations with the most popular software for project management, accounting, CRM, productivity, and more!
- Solo – free for a single user
- Basic – $5.25 per user (billed annually)
- Pro – $7.50 per user (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Timr is a tool suitable for people who need time tracking, project tracking, and location tracking in one. The app provides all features necessary to keep track of all activities essential to deliver projects on time and on place. Use it if you need to create a centralized system for managing a team.
- Tracking work hours and project time
- Available via browser and mobile app
- Tracking mileage with the GPS
- Centralized admin dashboard
- Customizable reports
- Regular – no base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Plus – € 29/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if paid annually)
- Enterprise – € 79/month base fee + € 8/user per month (10% discount if payed annually)
Gleeo Time Tracker is a combination of time tracking app with employee GPS tracking app. It’s a simple solution for managers who are looking for a straightforward employee tracking system that can provide them with the most vital information about their team’s work.
- One-touch time tracking – simple start-/stop-buttons
- Location based time tracking with Automagic Premium app
- Location capturing
- The timesheet can be organized over several hierarchical levels
- Exporting data to CSV
- A daily, weekly and monthly data is displayed in an animated timeline
- As a web application
- Gleeo Time Tracker for Android – Free
- Sync&Team service $2.50 per user/month
If you need an employee tracking system aimed at tracking location, Trackimo is the one. You can use it for your business or individually, to track your kids or elder family members’ location. This app is especially useful if you need to make sure all your employees, luggage, etc. are on track and don’t get lost. Trackimo is perfect for fleet location tracking in the real-time.
- GPS and GSM connections provide instant, highly accurate current location and history
- Real-time location tracking
- Trackimo devices can be tracked via web or smartphone app anywhere GSM cellular reception exist
- Smart alerts – receiving alerts by text, email, and app notifications for emergency events, safety zone breach, speed thresholds and sudden movement
- SOS button for emergency situations
Pricing depends on the device you choose
If you’re looking for a tool that will track employees’ work and location, Chronotek is a perfect fit. It allows your employees to clock in and out no matter where they are. With Chronotek you will know when and where employees clock in/out, if they left the job site, whether they showed up late for work, missed a job schedule and if they received your messages and calls.
- GPS tracking with geofence
- Workforce messaging
- Integrated with Google Maps – travel time cards and mileage are automatically calculated between job locations
- Job schedules
- Time tracking dashboards with real-time reports
- Budget management
- Job costing with reports
- Custom alert setting
- Integrated with many payroll apps
- iOS devices
$5/employee + a $14 monthly base fee. 30-day trial available
TSheets is mostly known for its accounting and time tracking features. Its easiness and intuitiveness make it the best employee tracking system for organizations that need to take budget under control. TSheets is also a great project management system that helps to gather all important data in one place.
- One-click time tracking
- Scheduling by jobs or shifts
- Real-time interactive reports and timesheets
- GPS location tracking
- Different overtime settings and flexible pay rates
- Alerts and notifications
- Time-off management
This employee tracking system is suitable for time and attendance management. It helps to keep track of employees’ hours and their location via mobile devices. Labor Sync helps to optimize processes and save time as well as money in the organization. It’s a robust employee tracking system with numerous features. Additionally, it’s available in 15 different languages.
- GPS-enabled time tracking, you have accurate reports indicating how long each employee is at a job site and the route
- Real-time GPS tracking – you can always see what your employees are doing at a specific moment
- Reporting in the real-time
- Project management
- Overall employment management
- Customizable reports
- Field notes and messaging – through the messaging feature, employees can be notified of meetings, schedule changes, or any other information
$10 per month for active employee. Includes 14-day trial.
Timesheet Mobile allows you to eliminate paper timesheets, set up employee jobs, assign tasks and manage employee schedules. This employee tracking system will help you and your team keep a hand on the daily agenda and make sure all projects are carried out properly and on time.
- Geofence time tracking – the easy to use timesheet app sends instant alerts to managers when an employee is away from job site. Punch Prompt geofence technology reminds employees to Punch in/out and prevents timesheet errors.
- Scheduling with drag-and-drop feature
- Timesheet reports
- Team messaging
- Integrations with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Xero, Sage, ADP, FreshBooks
- Basics Plan – $3.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $14.99 company subscription
- Per Punch Plan – 15 cents per punch + $29.99 company subscription
- Small Business – $9.95 per employee for unlimited punches + $29.99 company subscription
- Medium Business – $2.49 per employee for unlimited punches + $149 company subscription
- Large Business – custom pricing
The Key Takeaway
It may not be easy to pick one tool from all that are available. Some are more advanced than others. And what works for one business will not always work for others. You need to analyze how your organization is structured and then eliminate the software which features do not correspond to your needs.
We hope you find our short list useful and it helps you in choosing the right software.