- March 21, 2017
- by Jakub Szyszka
- 4 comments
We realize how challenging it may be to manage a small team, not to mention a whole office or a company! A manager must be a man/woman of steel. Taking care of all the projects, making sure that nothing is behing the deadline, and keeping an eye on the employees is an exhausting task. Definitely not for every mortal to perform.
However, there are ways to make “this hard not to crack” well…less hard. Today, we are presenting software that was designed especially for the purpose of helping companies manage their employees. When implemented into the office, it will enhance the team’s performance and engagement, and the investment will return very quickly!
So, without further introductions, here is the list that is great for Employee Tracking, and more!
TimeCamp is software which monitors the actions performed on the computer and helps employees better understand how they make use of their working time so that they can work more efficiently. TimeCamp also allows us to calculate the overtime and control the employees’ presence in the company.
TimeCamp can help boost your employees’ efficiency and productivity. This app will track the time that was spent on a particular activity and display a detailed graph from which you will learn what you or the member of your team were doing, how much time did it take, and what “distractions” got in the way, which is a great method to eliminate them once and for all.
TimeCamp is perfect for employee time tracking new!
Here are some examples of what TimeCamp can do:
- Comes with a wide range of platforms. The tool is available for Desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), and has native mobile apps available for iOS and Android to help users track their time regardless of location.
- Automatically records time usage of each application running on your computer.
- Monitors the time devoted to individual documents.
- Easy budgeting – budgeting function lets you estimate how much time the implementation of individual projects will take, and thus effectively plan the use of human resources and make a valuation of future similar projects.
- Integration with popular project management software such as Trello, Podio, Pivotal Tracker, Jira.
- Measures the working time by particular categories.
- Records the time spent away from a computer – detects when user ceased to be active and for how long it lasted.
- Automatic time tracking based on keywords which allows you to switch between tasks without any effort.
- Accurately bill your customers.
- Turn time entries into invoices basing on estimated hourly rates.
If you prefer to track your time through mobile phones, we have an app that is tailored to your needs! The newest version of TimeCamp’s app for iPhones and Android phones offer an intuitive interface with a lot of great features, like:
- Tap to start or stop tracking time from every place on earth
- Alternatively create time entries manually
- Generate reports of your time
- Browse your projects and tasks
- Log your time offline
- Easily make notes on every time entry you are working on
- Edit time entries with just a few clicks
- Mark time entry as billable or non-billable
- Browse and edit your historical data or plan your future
You can find and download it from
The launch of TimeCamp 2.0, the complete Project Management Software is coming! In couple of days you may be able to test it! Be one of the first to try it, sign for the beta now!
Tick is a time tracking software that offers online time tracking and reporting services that are web-based or available through mobile and desktop applications. It tracks time with a built-in timer, but it can also be entered manually. Time entries are basing on clients, projects, and tasks.
Among some of the features that Tick offers are real-time budget tracking, manual time entries, timers, or report monitoring and exporting. It has an intuitive interface and is pretty simple to use – after a user selects a project or a task, he or she just needs to press the button to start the time tracker. Also, the details are available on any device, so the projects’ deadline and budget are under control.
Tick is adjusted to mobile devices. It offers native apps for both Android and iPhone. These apps were designed as tools for to-do list and task management. It can be used to plan schedules, track time of particular tasks, and, generally, keep both the working and regular life in order. Or just prepare a quick shopping list. Tick’s there to help you.
This is a project management tool designed to help everyone who is running a company, regardless of its size. Managing our everyday tasks with Active Collab is faster and simpler, thus much more enjoyable. No more email cluttering or forgotten projects, this tool proves that organizing business and working time can be fun!
It is a web application that runs in the cloud, but it can also be installed on a server. Active Collab has been for eight years on the market and throughout that time it drew an impressive number of users – over 200.000, ranging from freelancers through small businesses, universities, and government institutions, to Fortune 500 members.
So, what were the reasons that lead all these people to sing up with Active Collab? Most likely its wide variety of features, including:
- Task Management – providing the ability to divide a project into smaller tasks (a list of them) where members of our team can discuss the progress, work on a problem, share files and also track their expenses. All to have the full control over the development of the project.
- All the work in one place, neat and tidy – Each user has his or her dashboard where they can see all the details concerning their work, track updates and manage their working time more efficiently.
- Task filtering – provides a possibility to organize tasks according to people, due dates, the size of the project, etc. Once the task is labeled, finding it takes a second! We may also run a report, and all the important detail will be listed on a single page for us.
- Seamless workflow – thanks to the intuitive creating of tasks to which we can attach files, leave comments, add reminders, set due dates and receive update information regularly.
- Customization – Users can change their view to adapt it to their needs, plan tasks in a timeline move them across columns or have them all displayed on a list.
- Team Collaboration – Active Collab guarantees agile communication between team members which is a huge asset when it comes to project management.
- All-in-one calendar – with the possibility to add custom dates and events to it and have an overall view at our work.
- @mentions – possibility to call for our coworkers to get an immediate response. What is more, all the chat messages are stored in the archives, so our important conversations won’t get lost.
- Collaborative writing – other people working with us may edit our notes and add comments, every action is saved, so we can later review it.
- Invoicing – We can keep our finances under control, as within a matter of minutes Active Collab can create invoices.
- Track payments – All our invoices are kept in one place, and we have the ability to set a reminder that will send notifications to our clients if a payment is overdue.
- Online payments – We can set up PayPal or credit card payments for our client to speed up the process of receiving our fees.
TMetric is a web-based time tracking software with a decent number of features. It is very well-developed and scores high in the rankings. It can be integrated with a lot of different web applications, like Asana, Bugzilla, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Trello, Wrike, and more.
Some of the most important and helpful features of this tool are: billing information in reports (users receive an overview of their incomes and expenses), time format selection (users are able to choose the time format for their reports – hours and minutes, decimal or clock-like hours), total break time and time logging restriction (displays total break time and prevents users who did not participate in the project from logging time for that project) and more.
What you won’t be able to find in TMetric, are features that would allow you to estimate projects time or calculate income. It also does not provide mobile apps, auto tracker, or timelines. Generally, it is a solid tool for time tracking but it lacks some important qualities.
DeskTime is an automatic time tracking tool that offers employee hour tracking software and analysis. This software is used by over 70.000 companies in 90+ countries. With it, you can monitor the time you and your employees spent on work and check whether there is any time being wasted at the company.
It has a very well-developed reports system that increases the productivity in the office – you receive the detailed reports summarizing your team’s performance. DeskTime also shows the summed-up working results of all employees, and results of each individual. It emphasizes one’s bad performance, showing if they tend to dedicate time to unproductive activities, but it also shows all the positive and profitable actions of your workers, giving you the chance to either reprimend or commend them.