- March 31, 2019
- by Kate Borucka
- One comment
The market of time tracking software is booming with thousands of apps and new software is created every day. Numerous tools are used by people from all over the world to increase productivity, save time, and generate greater profit. One of such apps is TMetric. It is a time tracking software which helps organize work of teams and individuals.
TMetric allows people to monitor hours spent on work, particular tasks, and projects. It creates with detailed reports so that you can analyze work of your team to save more hours every day. With TMetric, you can control the progress of projects, measure their profitability, control remote and onsite employees, and invoice clients based on billable rates. Integrations with other tools make work smooth and convenient.
But TMetric is not the only tool that can help you and your team become more productive and organized. In this article, we’ll take a look at TMetric alternatives. See how they work and give them a try!
TimeCamp is a 100% free time tracker for unlimited users. It’s a great alternative to every time tracking software available. Not only does it help in tracking work hours but also manage projects, workflow, and payroll. What is more, TimeCamp offers a set of features that other tools described in this article do not.
- Wide range of platforms the tool is available for Desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Mobile app available for iOS and Android to help users track their time regardless of location
- Automatic time tracking which allows you to switch between tasks without any effort
- Desktop app
- The ability to set a time budget for each task to monitor team’s workflow
- Billing customers accurately thanks to the project’s budget tracking
- Billable and non-billable hours
- Turning time entries into invoices based on estimated hourly rates
- Powerful integrations with other apps
TimeCamp helps teams and individuals be accountable, profitable, and productive.
- Free – $0 for unlimited users
- Basic – $6.30 per user per month billed annually ($7/mo billed monthly)
- Pro -$9 per user per month billed annually ($10/mo billed monthly)
- Enterprise – available for 100+ users only
Pancake is online invoicing, project management, time tracking and proposal software. This is another alternative to TMetric as it helps to manage finances and project budget, CRM, and monitor time spent on work and projects. Pancake is not a hosted application, you can install it on any server you like.
- Client Access Area which works as CRM to help you interact with clients
- Online Invoicing
- Project management with task management, task management, milestones and priorities, setting rates for customers
- Creating proposals for clients
- Time tracking with timesheets
Pricing: Prices start from $149 and depend on number of licenses and Priority Support Credits you want to buy. It’s a single fee and you don’t have to pay for anything more.
Kantree is a great alternative to TMetric in terms of project time tracking. It’s a great software because it allows you to plan and schedule every project and workflow so you can see, monitor, and manage everything in one place. It’s best for teams as the tool helps to collaborate and see the common progress of the project.
- Time tracking with activity journal, different categories of time tracking
- Cards which can represent anything from tasks to persons. Each cards can have a description, assignees, due dates, file attachments, labels and more
- Visualization of projects
- Reports on projects – time spent on work, progress or flow diagram
- Request tracking
Pricing: Pricing starts from 1.800€ for 1-10 users
Clockodo is another good alternative to TMetric. It’s a time tracking software with the most necessary features a time tracker should have. You can use it to track time of every project and every team member and use the reports to optimize time of work. Clockodo is suitable for large and small teams.
- Simple stopwatch to easily track time
- Individual reports sorted optionally by project, customer, employee or time period featuring the indicators, data and charts
- Employee reports including overtime, vacations, sick leave, overtime accounts, breaks
- Team calendar
- Absence approval
- Entering time manually
- $6.50 per user per month up to 10 employees
- From the 11th employee: $3.50 per user per month
Timeneye is an intuitive and easy-to-use time tracking software for teams and individuals. It helps to create accurate timesheets and manage projects. Timeneye has a nice interface with transparent view. It’s a good alternative to TMetric for people who are looking for a simple time tracking app.
- Timeneye allows you to automatically track time or add entries manually
- You can keep track of how much time your team spends on different tasks and projects
- Setting budget
- Monitoring the progress of projects
- Available as a mobile app or a web-based version
- Free for 1 user
- Pro -$6/user /month paid yearly or $7 /user /month paid monthly
Harvest is one of the most popular time tracking software for Mac. It’s very helpful in planning projects, keeping track of expenses and making sure deadlines are always met, even if they’re tight.
- Time and expense tracking
- Powerful reporting
- Unlimited invoices and estimates
- Project budget alerts
- Timesheet approval
- Integrations with 100+ apps
- Apps for iOS (and Mac)
- Free for 1 person
- Solo for 1 Person, Unlimited Projects, $12 per month ($10.80 per month, billed annually)
- Team for 2+ People, Unlimited Projects, $12/person per month
Qbserve is a good alternative to TMetric for Mac users. It’s a powerful time tracking software which tracks your activities and collects all the data in reports. It can help you become more productive and spend time on what really matters.
- Automatic productivity analysis for over 7,600 sites, apps and games.
- Project tracking based on opened web pages, documents, and window titles.
- Individual logging of Slack teams, Skype chats, and YouTube videos.
- Detailed productivity reports for days, weeks, and months.
- Timesheets with activity summary, timeline, and notes for each hour.
- Invoice generation in 18 languages and data export to JSON & CSV
- $40 – you pay once and can use it forever
This software is a cloud-based time tracker. But not only. With Timr, you can monitor employees activity when they work on a project or even when they’re on the road. It’s a good solution for teams whose job include traveling or work on site.
- Employee time tracking including time off, holidays, sick leave, etc.
- Project time tracking
- Digital mileage tracking – GPS
- You can create detailed structures for clients, projects, departments and teams in your company
- Detailed reports and analyses
- Mobile apps
Regular – No base fee + €8/user per month
- Plus – €29/month base fee + €8/user per month
- Enterprise – €79/month base fee + €8/user per month
Hubstaff is one of the most popular time tracking software available for all platforms. It’s also a good alternative to TMetric due to its functionality. It has all the necessary features a good time tracking app should have. Small, large teams, corporations, individuals, everyone will find it helpful.
Location monitoring – tracking through GPS, web-based reports
- Online timesheets
- Team dashboard
- Scheduling with employee attendance tracker and staff scheduler
- Setting up pay rates once for each member of team or project, so payments are automatically sent based on hours worked during that pay period
- Numerous integrations
Free – 1 User
Basic – 1 User – $5/ month
Premium – 1 User – $10/ month
10. Rescue Time
This time tracking software is suitable for organizations and individuals. If you’re the type of person who likes to set goals and keep a steady hand on work, try RescueTime. It’s a great app for busy people who like challenges but also enjoy writing down their achievements to maintain control over all tasks.
- Detailed reports
- Weekly e-mail summary
- Setting goals for the day
- Activities are automatically grouped into pre-defined categories with built-in productivity scores covering thousands of websites and applications. You can customize categories and productivity scores to meet your needs
- Blocking distracting sites
- Tracking offline activity
- Notifications and alerts
- RescueTime Lite – free
- RescueTime Premium – Monthly: $9 per month, Annual: $72 per year
This is another high quality alternative to TMetric, especially for people who are looking for an easy but powerful time tracking app. ManicTime automatically tracks time and creates accurate timesheets. Perfect for time tracking maniacs.
- Automatic time tracking
- Easy to understand graphical interface
- Can be integrated with other systems
- Auto tagging
- Tracks away time
- Free with limited features
- Pro starts from $67.00 per license
TSheets is a time tracking software for organizations that value flexibility. It’s suitable for small and large teams, for those who often travel as well as for remote workers. With TSheets every manager can monitor employees’ activity and location.
- GPS location tracking – real-time insight into who’s working on what and where
- Convenient time tracking with the mobile app
- Real-time interactive reports
- You can automate overtime rules, customize pay rates, and preset complex overtime calculations for easy, accurate payroll. Overtime alerts keep you and your employees aware of weekly overtime limits
- Employees can clock in and out in real time and enter their time manually,
- Advanced time tracking features enable your employee to customize time entry for fields, projects, and tasks
- Free for one user
- $5 per month for 2-99 Users per user + $20 base fee per month
- $5 per month for 100+ Users + $100 base fee per month
Tick is superb alternative to TMetric due to its simplicity. Not only does it help to track time but also become profitable. Tick offers features that make it easier to track time and budget of projects and tasks. You can easily access everything in one place
- Time tracking
- Project budget tracking
- Setting budget for individual tasks
- Getting instant budget feedback
- Setting recurring projects
- Free for 2 project
- starting form $19 / month / 10 projects
If you have problems with employees being productive, WorkPlus is a first-rate alternative to TMetric. The software can help you motivate your team, eliminate distractions, and keep everybody focused on the really important things. Plus, you can have an insight into your team’s daily work routine.
- Time tracking in the real-time
- Tracking time spent on apps and websites, projects (clients) and tasks
- Tracking time spent on work and attendance (clocking in and out)
- Payroll calculator
- Monthly – $6 per employee
- Yearly – $57 per employee
ActivTrak is a powerful tool for monitoring employee’s activity. It works completely in the background and gathers all type of information on employees’ computer activites. You can use this tool not only to monitor and record work hours but also to analyze your team’s behavior and use the data to understand and improve their work.
- Works automatically in the background
- Dataset includes usernames, application title bars, website URLs, activity duration, screenshots, idle time, and USB activity
- Ability to set alarms for suspected activities
- Detailed reports
- Customized tracking – setting tracking schedules for users based on their work hours
- Advanced – starts from $7.20 per user / per month
Toggl is a time tracking program that is especially useful for freelancers or small business owners. The app can be used to record how much time is spent on each project and helps to plan tasks ahead of time. It’s a simple and intuitive solution. Great alternative to TMetric if you need a simple solution.
- Simple time tracking with start/stop buttons
- Works on all devices
- Automatic time tracking
- Project dashboard with the summary of your activity
- Starter – $9
- Premium – $18
- Enterprise – custom pricing
If you need more than just time tracking, TimeCamp offers integration with HeySpace, task management software with extensive chat features. The tool can be used by everyone, no matter the industry and business model. And now when you can integrate TimeCamp with HeySpace, you can take your work to the next level!